Changing my Number FFS!

Not always it probably depends on the size of the operation, I did a stint in a call centre for a few weeks and they gave us lists that they bought and split between us to work through. I think there must be lots of people selling lists that are years old because every single list would have loads of people saying they were on the TPS, sometimes said person was deceased etc. If you tell them you are on the TPS and you demand they take your number off their "database"(they might not have one and just add it to a list of numbers not to call in future, there will still be someone selling old lists about to other companies though) then they will do it to cover their backs.

Still these smart phones seem a good idea, it will cut them down drastically I'd imagine, until they find a way around it.
Check out BT 8600 range.

Yes. Or you might conclude that someone who's gone to a load of trouble to filter calls might not be the best sales prospect.

I've been getting calls from the same people at least 4-5 times a week, sometimes twice a day for the past two or three years.
They're just plain old fucking stupid. They're trying to sell me "air duct cleaning service". I have told them everything from, I live in an igloo, to I have radiators in my house.
They don't give a shit. I told them last week that I have had my air ducts cleaned twice since they started calling me and I wouldn't use them because they don't value my privacy.
They called back three hours later. I once told them that I heat my house by the friction that is caused when I fuck the arsehole out of their Mums and therefore don't have any ducts.

I like to play along with them for a while, especially the ppi, pension reviews etc.
When they ask whether I have ever had a bank account, credit card etc I say no never, but you must have they say.
No I only deal in cash is my reply, I'm a gypsy, never paid tax in my life.

If we get them the wife will start asking them where they got the number from, where they are calling from, address etc then starts threatening with legal action. Now we hardly get any.

Watched rip off Britain the other week and one bloke was so fed up he got himself a premium rate line. So now when he gets a call he informs them they have phoned a premium rate line then let's them chat away. Think he made about £3000 a year.

I once told them that I heat my house by the friction that is caused when I fuck the arsehole out of their Mums and therefore don't have any ducts.

Good thinking, man. At least you get 24 hours of peace while they check your story out.

Me, I can't think why any fcuker would want to call me so I don't answer the phone.

No problem with the mobile phone but the landline has these cold callers in fits and starts. Usually they are remote / automated calling systems so that the operator usually doesn't speak for a least a couple of seconds by which time I have put the phone down. Genuine callers normally say something within the first couple of seconds ie how are you doin' fuckwit.

I made the schoolboy error of entering a Good Morning Britain competition "win 100k cash" Andi Peters shit thing. Obviously won nothing but got inundated with nuisance calls. Totally my own fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.