Channel 4 bidding for Champions league

canyerdogputoutafire

I don't know if it's been posted on another thread that channel 4 are involved in the bid for the rights to screen the champions league from the 2018/9 season. The decision will be made next month( March). A new era maybe?

I doubt Channel 4 will have the financial clout to get anywhere near BT.
Depends on what kind of deal they're looking for - I'd agree that they probably don't have the financial clout to take coverage of every game from BT but BT would hardly have the clout themselves to keep paying that kind of money for the exclusive deal, especially when their viewing figures apparently haven't been great. They might end up getting some sort of joint package. The two Irish terrestrial channels - RTE and TV3 have kept Sky and now BT from getting exclusive coverage of the comp over here for years by teaming up to bid for a game a week each.

I think the bid from channel 4 will be in tandem with one of the satellite companies similar to the Sky/ITV deal last time. The viewing figures at the moment are not brilliant, I wonder why?

I think the bid from channel 4 will be in tandem with one of the satellite companies similar to the Sky/ITV deal last time. The viewing figures at the moment are not brilliant, I wonder why?
1) It's not on a free to air terrestrial channel anymore and people don't tend to see the ads about the matches on BT's freeview channel unless they're actually watching BT.
2) The coverage is absolutely fucking horrendous (seriously, the yanks at NBC and Fox do a better job.)
3) Wio Ferdinand
4) Paul Scholes
5) Wio Ferdinand
6) Paul Scholes

1) It's not on a free to air terrestrial channel anymore and people don't tend to see the ads about the matches on BT's freeview channel unless they're actually watching BT.
2) The coverage is absolutely fucking horrendous (seriously, the yanks at NBC and Fox do a better job.)
3) Wio Ferdinand
4) Paul Scholes
5) Wio Ferdinand
6) Paul Scholes
7) Robbie Savage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.