Charles Aranguiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this guy the midfield version of Baba, as I have again barely heard of him and yet this thread is acting like he's some world beater? I've no idea whether it's his agent or whether it's just Univsidad de Chile who is creating all this hype, but whoever it is is doing a cracking job. Is he actually any good, as on paper he's a 26 year old who hasn't made it out of South America yet. Chile have a habit of making very average players look better than they are, has anyone actually seen him play at club level or know why he's still playing in South America?

Is this guy the midfield version of Baba, as I have again barely heard of him and yet this thread is acting like he's some world beater? I've no idea whether it's his agent or whether it's just Univsidad de Chile who is creating all this hype, but whoever it is is doing a cracking job. Is he actually any good, as on paper he's a 26 year old who hasn't made it out of South America yet. Chile have a habit of making very average players look better than they are, has anyone actually seen him play at club level or know why he's still playing in South America?
Haha,,, Im not creating nothing mate, Im actually still only a musician, student and a passionate football fan, but Charles is one of my favorite players, thats all.

Maybe the times are changing, my friend, and the things doesnt looks like you think. Or you maybe dont know much about Southamerican football, what I can understand, as european football is storically more centred in himself, than able to look abroad.

Aranguiz won Copa Sudamericana in 2011 (unbeaten, and with Sampaoli as couch) with Universidad de Chile, Copa America and now Semifinals Copa Libertadores with Inter this year. So he has to be, OF COURSE, imo, a better player than Baba (who has won nothing, and has less national call ups), and its a bad comparation actually, I think.

Universidad de Chile, former club of Aranguiz has a new privat owner and invested 4 million dollar in their new training ground and facilities the last years (as Chile also has invested a lot of money too in new stadiums, for the Copa America, for example, and privatised most of their clubs and renew their League).

So there are maybe new contenders and new candidates to win this game, and Chile and his players are some of them. As Manchester City are doin it also since 2009.

Maybe, things are changing, and we need a new approach in the global football market now. But, its only my humble single opinion. Have a good day, lad!

Haha,,, Im not creating nothing mate, Im actually still only a musician, student and a passionate football fan, but Charles is one of my favorite players, thats all.

Maybe the times are changing, my friend, and the things doesnt looks like you think. Or you maybe dont know much about Southamerican football, what I can understand, as european football is storically more centred in himself, than able to look abroad.

Aranguiz won Copa Sudamericana in 2011 (unbeaten, and with Sampaoli as couch) with Universidad de Chile, Copa America and now Semifinals Copa Libertadores with Inter this year. So he has to be, OF COURSE, imo, a better player than Baba (who has won nothing, and has less national call ups), and its a bad comparation actually, I think.

Universidad de Chile, former club of Aranguiz has a new privat owner and invested 4 million dollar in their new training ground and facilities the last years (as Chile also has invested a lot of money too in new stadiums, for the Copa America, for example, and privatised most of their clubs and renew their League).

So there are maybe new contenders and new candidates to win this game, and Chile and his players are some of them. As Manchester City are doin it also since 2009.

Maybe, things are changing, and we need a new approach in the global football market now. But, its only my humble single opinion. Have a good day, lad!
I wasn't debating that South America has good players, or that it produces good players, but they generally don't stay there very long if they are good enough to play in europe, unless something is wrong with them.(usually I'd be talking about alcoholic brazilians who'd rather party than play) He's 26 years old, has he improved rapidly of late, or is their some other reason he hasn't made his way to Europe yet? I know that Brazil in particular has a lot more money in the league than it used to, but the best players still move to europe. I'm not writing him off because of it, I'm merely questioning why he has suddenly gone from being not interesting to any european teams, to being good enough for CIty, Chelsea, Arsenal and all the other teams he's suddenly being linked to. Gilberto Silva didn't make it over to Europe untill he was a similar age, but there were a lot of reasons for that.

As far as I can tell, Aranguiz's agent has decided this is the year for him to make the leap and he's been offering him around and trying to get bites, while leaking rumours of interest from every big club he can think of. Leicester and Leverkusen seem to be the ones seriously interested

He will probably end up at Leverkusen but he would be a huge signing for Leicester if they can get him.

Looks like hes goin to Leicester.

The Leverkusen link is up to Vidal, as he and Marcelo Diaz (now playing in Hamburg) told him, to take "Never-kusen" ( :-) ) as an ideal destiny to make his first steps in Europa. They play at least Campions league still. But, Im not really confident on that. Still think, Charles is already able to take an step further and to maybe join a bigger club, and, of course a better League, since the german one is very biased, and only Bayern counts...

Looks like hes goin to Leicester.

The Leverkusen link is up to Vidal, as he and Marcelo Diaz (now playing in Hamburg) told him, to take "Never-kusen" ( :-) ) as an ideal destiny to make his first steps in Europa. They play at least Campions league still. But, Im not really confident on that. Still think, Charles is already able to take an step further and to maybe join a bigger club, and, of course a better League, since the german one is very biased, and only Bayern counts...

If Leicester get him it would some signing.

Aranguiz is easily good enough to be playing Champions League football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.