Chelsea 2017/2018

I didn't see it, but looking at the stats it seems Barca were perhaps fortunate to get a draw despite having 70-odd percent possession.

I've always liked Willian - quality player and it baffles me why Conte doesn't play him more

I thought Barcelona looked very ordinary in some aspects. It’s similar to us at times where we control the ball but dont look particularly threatening. Conte got it spot on tactically, and Chelsea were unlucky with Willian hitting the post twice before he did actually score.

They’ve certainly got a chance in the second leg.

Barca still got no legs in midfield as good as Sergio is Willian was able to shift the ball the ball past him with ease rakatic lucky to stay on pitch after numerous tactical fouls iniesta my favourite midfield player of all time but hasn't got the pace and energy to get round the pitch. That said they still got Messi and suarez and looked solid at bk apart from shots from distance. Chelsea were a mistake away from a great tactical result but will be kicking themselves about not running and getting at barca more I honestly believe they were there to be got at with a higher press. Barca to progress but think there away form will be there undoing in the champs lge.

Far from over mate,you’s have a decent enough record against Barca,they will be favs now but Chelsea aren’t out of this..

It's not over at all. I think we can run the counter attack game again in Barcelona. Bigger pitch to explore when we win the ball back, but also much more ground to cover without the ball. I think it's a finely balanced tie. They are still overwhelming favourites, but after last night, I think they'll be a little bit scared of us. We can hurt them, and they don't seem to have the legs in midfield to chase after Willian and Hazard, even Kante sometimes. We have to limit our mistakes though.

Happy for Willian, seems to have put his wobbles early on this season behind him. He is coming back in to form at a crucial time. Now go and destroy the Rags please, Willian.

He is bang in form, for sure.

I didn't see it, but looking at the stats it seems Barca were perhaps fortunate to get a draw despite having 70-odd percent possession.

I've always liked Willian - quality player and it baffles me why Conte doesn't play him more

Barca had all of the possession, but Chelsea carried the most threat. We were the most dangerous team on the pitch. We hit the post twice, had a few other near misses on the counter where the final ball juuuussstt missed it's intended target which would have resulted in a goal. I think Barca scored with their first shot on target.

Chelsea played great

Barca looked toothless going forward, which surprised me, despite having the ball just outside our box for long periods. Quite lucky to walk away with a respectable draw I think.

Chelsea were immense, such a silly goal to give away as they looked impregnable til then. Will be tougher at the Nou Camp now needing a goal.

Barca still got no legs in midfield as good as Sergio is Willian was able to shift the ball the ball past him with ease rakatic lucky to stay on pitch after numerous tactical fouls iniesta my favourite midfield player of all time but hasn't got the pace and energy to get round the pitch. That said they still got Messi and suarez and looked solid at bk apart from shots from distance. Chelsea were a mistake away from a great tactical result but will be kicking themselves about not running and getting at barca more I honestly believe they were there to be got at with a higher press. Barca to progress but think there away form will be there undoing in the champs lge.

Busquets looked well past it last night. He was a passenger all throughout the game, Hazard and Willian were just walking past him.

Barca had all of the possession, but Chelsea carried the most threat. We were the most dangerous team on the pitch. We hit the post twice, had a few other near misses on the counter where the final ball juuuussstt missed it's intended target which would have resulted in a goal. I think Barca scored with their first shot on target.
You fucked it last night mate.

No way UEFA will allow you to beat their beloved side at camp nou. Revisit this post in two weeks time when you’ll be seething as the whole country was in the dodgy semi a few years ago. We all backed Drogba that night as he was right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.