Chelsea 2017/2018

Cheers mate. No other game will give me as much satisfaction as beating Mourinho's United at Old Trafford.

No Herrerra to follow Hazard around the pitch and kick him every 10 seconds.

The Barca game should give you the confidence to win. Honestly they didn’t deserve the draw.

Can see Chelsea being extra motivated to beat the rags. Would love to see a 3-0 hammering.

Poor game imo. We dominated possession, but looked pretty toothless. Morata destroyed a million attacks by falling over as soon someone passes the ball to him. Giroud instead of him, and I think we win that game comfortably. We should have been out of sight by half time, not going in at 1-1.

With the lineups, Conte definitely tried to go with a defensive approach, but we ended up with the ball so much because Mourinho is an even bigger coward than Conte, and has his team, with all those attacking players, sitting deep allowing Drinkwater and Kante to dictate possession. Laughable from both managers tbh. Neither team deserved to win.

I think it was a mindset issue and fire power. United frustrated Chelsea out of the match. Every man and his dog knows Mourinho plays the averages and drills that into his players. When they are still playing a drab shit match after 75mins their whole entire world is focused on waiting for a mistake, mentally they are still on it. Chelsea at least wanted to try but just got beat out like many others. Their problem is Chelsea are simply lacking up front, Morata is the Pogba of strikers needing everything just so, even Giroud gets more mud on his kit than him.

Hazard whilst a very good player can not shape a game like Silva either as good a player as he is. He tried a bit but between himself and lack of good movement off the ball up front they quickly got trapped. I did notice a few times he could have been getting stuck in to when he was just walking. Call it harsh but i bet my last penny Pep would say the same. It is strange in a way. I saw a few moments Pep would be going fucking apeshit at Chelsea's closing down. Mainly because they were already close to play but not pressing, if taking part in play at all still; and the match was there to win.

Make no mistake Mourinho's anti footy still wins him a lot of games just not as many as it used to. Chelsea just didn't have the fire for it imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.