Chelsea 2017/2018

Apparently this is Chelsea's squad as it stands :

Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

Luiz, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Cahill, Christensen

Bakayoko, Fabregas, Kante, Baker

Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Musonda, Boga

Batshuayi, Morata.

21 players, 9 have never played a competitive game for Chelsea.

They need more players. There is no way they are strong enough to seriously compete on 3 fronts

Apparently this is Chelsea's squad as it stands :

Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

Luiz, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Cahill, Christensen

Bakayoko, Fabregas, Kante, Baker

Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Musonda, Boga

Batshuayi, Morata.

21 players, 9 have never played a competitive game for Chelsea.

You are omitting Moses and Alonso, so it's 23 players, but this is still a very small squad.

On top of that, I think Boga definitely goes on loan. Baker might stay, but I doubt it, especially if we bring another CM like Renato Sanches.

I think Musonda might just be a revelation this season, so that'll help with the lack of signings in that position. We definitely need more bodies in though.

You are omitting Moses and Alonso, so it's 23 players, but this is still a very small squad.

On top of that, I think Boga definitely goes on loan. Baker might stay, but I doubt it, especially if we bring another CM like Renato Sanches.

I think Musonda might just be a revelation this season, so that'll help with the lack of signings in that position. We definitely need more bodies in though.

I did omit Moses and Alonso, but I counted them so it's still only 21.

Think It's been pretty much confirmed Renato is staying at Bayern.

Chelsea do have a small squad. They need a few more signings. Very lucky with injuries last season.

With the competitiveness of the PL, if they don't get new players in and some one like Hazard gets injured, they could have a disaster of a season. Quite surprised at their business this window.

So are Chelsea continuing to pay Costa while they just leave him out of the squad? Surely they can find a buyer for him

So are Chelsea continuing to pay Costa while they just leave him out of the squad? Surely they can find a buyer for him

We're a bit of a basket case club at the mo. I expect us to roll over for Arsenal in the Charity Shield, scrape past Burnley and then it's tin hat time v Spurs at Wembley. After that top 4 (3 preferably) and a decent run in the European Cup (quarters) would constitute a reasonable effort this season. I will be astounded if City don't win it this year.

We're a bit of a basket case club at the mo. I expect us to roll over for Arsenal in the Charity Shield, scrape past Burnley and then it's tin hat time v Spurs at Wembley. After that top 4 (3 preferably) and a decent run in the European Cup (quarters) would constitute a reasonable effort this season. I will be astounded if City don't win it this year.

That probably means Conte gets his P45.

That probably means Conte gets his P45.

It might, but given our less than dynamic recruitment process (this year and last), it wouldn't be a terrible achievement. I didn't think we were great when we won it in 2015, we were terrible in 2016 and last year we played well in the most part, but every other team was doing their best to hand it to Chelsea. If you consider that most of the big boys have either already upgraded their stadiums/overall infrastructures, or are in the process of doing so, then we are currently in for a bit of a sticky period. I absolutely did not expect us to win it last year, so that was a very pleasant surprise and I actually feel less confident this year. We may have to accept returning to our 90s supporting role of being a good cup team/top 4-6 contender for a few years until they resolve the Stamford Bridge conundrum.

It might, but given our less than dynamic recruitment process (this year and last), it wouldn't be a terrible achievement. I didn't think we were great when we won it in 2015, we were terrible in 2016 and last year we played well in the most part, but every other team was doing their best to hand it to Chelsea. If you consider that most of the big boys have either already upgraded their stadiums/overall infrastructures, or are in the process of doing so, then we are currently in for a bit of a sticky period. I absolutely did not expect us to win it last year, so that was a very pleasant surprise and I actually feel less confident this year. We may have to accept returning to our 90s supporting role of being a good cup team/top 4-6 contender for a few years until they resolve the Stamford Bridge conundrum.

You say that, but we have still spent close to £150m this summer. The problem has been our outgoings. What we needed this summer was to add to the title winning squad. Replacing players like for like, even if the incoming players are better than the outgoing players, is not going to take us up a level. The squad is smaller than it was last season, and we added Europe to our schedule. I'm pretty pleased with our purchases, but I'm somewhat worried about the amount of players we are allowing to leave. And we still don't have proper wing back cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.