Chelsea 2017/2018

Seems to be a lot of rumours going around about his discontent with Chelsea's strategy; Cuadrado's sale maybe, Courtois contract renewal stalling, no immediate replacement on the horizon for Costa, alright maybe Lukaku but are all parties on board with that option? Add to that Costa wants Atletico, so he'll be hanging around like a bad smell till January at least. Hazard's injury may have been a blessing in disguise because Real Madrid might now back off this summer (still, even he won't be fit for the start of the season).

Even if all the above rumours aren't all true, there's not much positivity coming out of Chelsea which you'd expect after winning the title.

Interesting.

I can't see Chelsea going far in the CL next season especially as Conte has never done well in that competition. Also Abramovich will be expecting Conte to deliver the title again.

Conte could easily be sacked if he doesn't win the the title, and I think it will be a much greater challenge for them this season.

But it doesn't make much sense to me for him to quit Chelsea now, wouldn't he prefer to be sacked? That would mean a lot more money for him.

Interesting.

I can't see Chelsea going far in the CL next season especially as Conte has never done well in that competition. Also Abramovich will be expecting Conte to deliver the title again.

Conte could easily be sacked if he doesn't win the the title, and I think it will be a much greater challenge for them this season.

But it doesn't make much sense to me for him to quit Chelsea now, wouldn't he prefer to be sacked? That would mean a lot more money for him.

I don't think he would wait to be sacked, he walked out on Juventus via mutual consent due to a disagreement and if he can walk out on them I don't think he'd have a problem doing it with Chelsea.

Last edited:
I don't think he would wait to be sacked, he walked out on Juventus via mutual consent due to a disagreement and if he can walk out of them I don't think he'd have a problem doing it with Chelsea.

Forgot about that. Good point.

Is he their Boby Manc - Brilliant manager but too unstable/antagonistic to hold it together. They could easily go into a 2015/16 melt down again. Costa is bonkers as well - these two together are not a good mix.

Is he their Boby Manc - Brilliant manager but too unstable/antagonistic to hold it together. They could easily go into a 2015/16 melt down again. Costa is bonkers as well - these two together are not a good mix.
Depends if Mr Chelsea is still hanging around like a bad smell.
It's a club where a generation of players called the shots.

I have no idea why the media insists on there being a problem at Chelsea. If it's not Conte, it's Courtois. If it's not Courtois, it's Hazard etc. And one by one they'll all come out rubbish these stories, yet people will still insist that there are problems.

I'm sure this is the kind of thing that City fans would class as anti-City bias and a deliberate campaign to derail City's sucess.

I have no idea why the media insists on there being a problem at Chelsea. If it's not Conte, it's Courtois. If it's not Courtois, it's Hazard etc. And one by one they'll all come out rubbish these stories, yet people will still insist that there are problems.

I'm sure this is the kind of thing that City fans would class as anti-City bias and a deliberate campaign to derail City's sucess.

Think there must be a mole in the camp trying to destabilise you IF all is happy, we had the same sort of stories just before he turned round your season last year.

Exactly. You're the Champions , so the media decide it's your turn for some shit.
I hate the shit stirring ****s. Why, if they have nothing to say, they just don't STFU.
But that's not what the media is about. They have to create something, to justify their existence.

Roman never learns.

But he has overseen Chelsea being a very successful team winning lots of trophies.

Managerial continuity is not part of the club's philosophy.

If he can get them to retain the title then colour me impressed. I think that we will win the title if we have reasonable luck with officials and injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.