Chelsea 2017/2018

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Vialli98, 30 May 2017.

1. Thekinkygoat

Thekinkygoat

Signed for Atletico, he's not eligible to feature in matches until the 1st of January though.

2. BJL_City

BJL_City

basically been sold to Atletico, just can't be registered to play with them till January.

3. Vialli98

Vialli98

He is an Atletico Madrid player now. The transfer was completed a few weeks ago for a fee of about £50mill. Both clubs announced the deal. He is training with them. They just can't register him until January, so he is stuck just training and watching from the stands. He is no longer our problem though.

4. Henkeman

Henkeman

As a matter of curiosity, does this mean he's still registered as a Chelsea player, or is he not attached until then?

5. Vialli98

Vialli98

I would assume he is currently an unregistered player, contractually a free agent if you will, until January 1st. I'm just guessing though. I really have no idea.

6. Henkeman

Henkeman

Fair enough, I was just curious if you did know.

7. Balijatelli

Balijatelli

How is it possible to buy a player outside the transfer window?
    Did Chelsea canceled his contract?
    Have money changed hands between Chelsea and Atletico?

so many questions, I know... :)

8. 117 M34

117 M34

City signed bernardo and ederson outside of the window. Happens all the time in summer

9. Balijatelli

Balijatelli

Yeah, but they didn't show up at City until after 1st of July.

Who is paying Diego's wages at the moment?

10. Vialli98

Vialli98

I think clubs can negotiate and agree deals whenever they want. However, you can only register players/transfer player contracts inside the designated transfer windows. Due to Atletico's transfer ban, they would have been in this predicament with Costa's registration regardless, even if the deal was concluded in June or July.

I don't know who is paying Costa's wages atm. I would imagine it is either no-one or Chelsea until Jan 1.