Chelsea 2017/2018

Who will be the title challengers next season? Does anyone see Chelsea mount a title challengers next season?

If Pep gets what he wants on the pitch i think anyone would struggle to keep up with us but the best of the rest, sure. They seem on a knife edge to either be right in it or dropping off with their focus on 4th. A weird feeling i would imagine for Chelsea fans.

You can't kid us on here mate; your youth team player's are grown and huge ;) maybe not men yet.

Loftus-Cheek's group were massive, with Solanke and Abraham etc. This group isn't as huge as the youth teams that beat City in the cup final.

United and City.

Chelsea depends on a lot of things. If we can secure top 4 and get the right manager in and have a good transfer window. It' a long shot though. We're in a low place right now.

Hmm. I kinda agree with you. However I do worry about next season. For the last few years the title winners have all suffered really bad followup seasons. Could this happen to City?

As for United I wonder will Mourinho's third season problems flare up again.

Chelsea can always challenge. Depends if the players are up for it.

Liverpool could challenge next season if they sort out defence. The fact they are willing to spend money means you cannot rule them out.

I am of the opinion that City will run away with the title next season OR they will shoot themselves in the foot like them previous few years champions and United or Liverpool will pounce.

Hmm. I kinda agree with you. However I do worry about next season. For the last few years the title winners have all suffered really bad followup seasons. Could this happen to City?

As for United I wonder will Mourinho's third season problems flare up again.

Chelsea can always challenge. Depends if the players are up for it.

Liverpool could challenge next season if they sort out defence. The fact they are willing to spend money means you cannot rule them out.

I am of the opinion that City will run away with the title next season OR they will shoot themselves in the foot like them previous few years champions and United or Liverpool will pounce.
Great sense of humour hahahahahahaha!

Debt to owners had to be converted to equity as part of FFP mate.

I’m pretty sure anyway, @Prestwich_Blue may be able to confirm?
I don't think existing debt had to be converted to equity under FFP but any new cash injections had to be via equity off the top of my head. I think he actually did it as a PR exercise, so Chelsea could say they were debt free but there could have been another reason. If you were buying Chelsea, you'd buy the holding company, which is over £1bn in debt to Roman. So it may have a cosmetic effect on the football club but that's all it is.

Was thinking about Chelsea's dynamic currently and it is close to history repeating it's self. If the players are "losing faith" aka downing tools then you need to look at the groups leaders who were there when Mourinho went. I understand both are prickly in nature but there is a professional responsibility to "do your damn job". This is twice now in very recent history it is seemingly happening.

So who are the leaders? Hazard you have to say will have a voice in the group if not being "the" voice. I can't say i know enough about their player heirachy like that but it is not unreasonable to look at this and act. Even if he is the best player, if it is found Hazard puts everyone on a downer as soon as he goes on one i'd flog him to Madrid.
You can't enable such a weak group mentality to flourish and need to get rid of the main culprits. Even if there are no player revolts, those not pulling their weight now, sell them in summer.

I accept though with these managers that if any could turn a team against you it would be these two chaps.

Last edited:
It is incredible to me how many managers they've had who just run into a ton of problems a year after winning a big trophy. Di Matteo (albeit he was interim to begin with), Mourinho, and now Conte looking like he'll be sacked before the end of the season as well. Just seems so odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.