Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

Richard Keays just put a very credible conspiracy theory to Andy Gray.....Antonio Conte is purposely sabotaging Chelsea’s tactics to get himself sacked so that he can get his millions in compensation and bugger off back to Italy.
Conspiracy theory about Chelsea? Here’s mine.

Conte wants out. He wasn’t backed in either of the last two transfer windows, and he sees himself away from Chelsea. But he won’t resign and miss out on his compensation. He is therefore deliberately punishing Chelsea by sabotaging their Champions League spot for next year, and landing them in the Europa League.

Abramovich is being equally stubborn. He’s won the lot at Chelsea, and has no intention of bailing out. He is playing Conte at his own game, and just sitting it out waiting for him to resign. Abramovich is willing to miss out on silverware for two seasons just to spite his want-away manager, and he will force him to either see out his contract, or resign.

These two are the opposing forces, and everyone else is just a pawn in the game. How will it play out?

- Conte resigns in the summer. New manager comes in, Chelsea start rebuilding.
- Conte sees out his contract. Their best players seek moves in the summer and are replaced by inferior players. They regress even further next season.

Conspiracy theory about Chelsea? Here’s mine.

Conte wants out. He wasn’t backed in either of the last two transfer windows, and he sees himself away from Chelsea. But he won’t resign and miss out on his compensation. He is therefore deliberately punishing Chelsea by sabotaging their Champions League spot for next year, and landing them in the Europa League.

Abramovich is being equally stubborn. He’s won the lot at Chelsea, and has no intention of bailing out. He is playing Conte at his own game, and just sitting it out waiting for him to resign. Abramovich is willing to miss out on silverware for two seasons just to spite his want-away manager, and he will force him to either see out his contract, or resign.

These two are the opposing forces, and everyone else is just a pawn in the game. How will it play out?

- Conte resigns in the summer. New manager comes in, Chelsea start rebuilding.
- Conte sees out his contract. Their best players seek moves in the summer and are replaced by inferior players. They regress even further next season.

Where has this 'not been backed in the transfer market' myth come from?
They've spent best part of £250million since winning the league.

Chelsea were simply outplayed on Sunday. We don't need any conspiracy theories to explain City's win and Keays might like to explain why Conte made no apparent effort to sabotage Chelsea's tactics at OT. What we do know is that Keays and Grey would rather be caught stealing the charity collection than praising City and this is why they come up with such rubbish. Conte is a dedicated manager and to suggest he would ever sabotage his teams chances is insulting nonsense. What was plain the week before at the swamp was that Morata is not playing well and was unlikely to have a good game at the Etihad while Giroud does not have the range of skills to lead Chelsea's attack against "top" teams. And in the event Chelsea never got enough good ball to break in any numbers at pace. City were simply too good for them on Sunday.

Where has this 'not been backed in the transfer market' myth come from?
They've spent best part of £250million since winning the league.

Apparently players were bought without him giving the say so.

the thing with liverpool is that they have the quality technically to go with the "klopp press" which is quite a potent combination similar to our hunt in packs press, hence the scorelines we get 1-4, 5-0,4-3
they are the team to watch in my opinion, especially if they improve their backline

Liverpool and Spurs do appear to be the teams going in the right direction but they still have to get past mega-bucks ManYoo, and Chelsea have proved very resilient during the Abramovich reign. I think it is all about us though, in the sense that the combination of City's finances and Pep's coaching can be enough to keep us ahead of the competition regardless of what they do.

I definitely get the impression that Giroud was not a player Conte was clamouring for.

I do think Conte wants out but cannot afford to resign due to the way Chelsea structured his contract which, IIRC, means he would have to pay them compensation. I don't believe Conte would sabotage his team though and he chose his tactics for exactly the reasons he said he did.

Maybe the odd one, but come on. He's worked with Moratta before, Zapacosta too. There's no way Rudiger was forced on him & even if he was, he's still playing him in place of Luiz & Cahill who won him the league. Bakayoko, he was one of the most sought after players in Europe. I'd guess Palmeri was his, as he was signed after Emanalo(sp) left. He wanted a big man & got Giroud. A very good PL target man.

I know he wanted Sandro & Lumpkaku, but fuck me Peg wanted Perisic & Moratta & Pep wanted Alves & Sanchez. You can't get everyone.

I don't think City fans should be perpetuating the myth that he's been hard done to. £250 million on international footballers is hardly showing a lack of support. It's him that has fucked off Costa, didn't try keeping Matic, fell out with Luiz is now apparently alienating Hazard.

Maybe the odd one, but come on. He's worked with Moratta before, Zapacosta too. There's no way Rudiger was forced on him & even if he was, he's still playing him in place of Luiz & Cahill who won him the league. Bakayoko, he was one of the most sought after players in Europe. I'd guess Palmeri was his, as he was signed after Emanalo(sp) left. He wanted a big man & got Giroud. A very good PL target man.

I know he wanted Sandro & Lumpkaku, but fuck me Peg wanted Perisic & Moratta & Pep wanted Alves & Sanchez. You can't get everyone.

I don't think City fans should be perpetuating the myth that he's been hard done to. £250 million on international footballers is hardly showing a lack of support. It's him that has fucked off Costa, didn't try keeping Matic, fell out with Luiz is now apparently alienating Hazard.

Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not perpetuating anything or excusing him or them in any way.

My comment was an attempt to explain why the belief exists that he wasn't backed, it's not to do with money was the point i was trying to make.

Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not perpetuating anything or excusing him or them in any way.

My comment was an attempt to explain why the belief exists that he wasn't backed, it's not to do with money was the point i was trying to make.

Fair enough, it's soft journalism abnormal, not heard much in the media about the £250 million outlay. It seems a given that ourselves & the Rags have blown them out of the water. Sunday Moratta was the most expensive player in the match day squad and I'd bet good money Luiz & Hazard were the top earners.

In fairness I did hear Durham saying Aubamayang was the most expensive and Ozil was the best paid players vs us.

Liverpool and Spurs do appear to be the teams going in the right direction but they still have to get past mega-bucks ManYoo, and Chelsea have proved very resilient during the Abramovich reign. I think it is all about us though, in the sense that the combination of City's finances and Pep's coaching can be enough to keep us ahead of the competition regardless of what they do.

don't get wrong, i think we are going over the hill and far away at our current rate given the combination you state, the big thing is to get pep to commit to long term contract extension

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.