Chelsea Pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan23

Listening to Edghill's weekly slating on GMR
After a great result last night it's back to the grind in the league.

With United essentially getting a free 3 points (villa at home) it's vital we pick up something from the game.

Chelsea will be without Terry and Zouma, with Matic, Willian, Cahill and Hazard all being doubts for the game.

Hopefully Vinnie will be back for us, so Sterling should be the only casualty.

All that being said we should be going after all 3 points. We will be on a high after last nights game whilst Chelsea are all but finished for the season.

We also have the privilege of rotating a few key players.

..........................Hart........................

Zab....Kompany..Otamendi....Clichy

........Fernandinho...Fernando...........

.......Kdb...........Yaya..........Nasri.......

.......................Aguero........................

Was toying with starting Delph as Fernando has played a lot of minutes recently. However I think his relationship with Fernandinho is blossoming and it would be foolish to break them up. The other calls would probably be Kolarov for Clichy seeing as he didn't play v PSG however I think Clichy offers a more solid option defensively. Then finally maybe Navas to start as he would protect the full back more than either KDB or Nasri.

Another big match for Manuel. A lot of tough decisions. However with the amount of quality to choose from we cant go too far wrong (,unless he picks Bony)

Head = 1-1

Heart = 1-2 city

If Vinny is to play I hope we don't trot him out for the full 90. With as many injuries as they have, and us only without Raheem for this one three points is a definite possibility. Would be a huge result!

I'd go with Joe, Sagna, Vinny, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya, Navas, KDB, Kun. Give Silva a break. 1-2 City

Don't risk Kompany, wrap the twat up until the semi final

We will be OK with Mangala and Otamendi

Someone make sure Demi and Bony are making the prawn sandwiches and nowhere near the fucking squad list

Need to win to keep the pressure on Arsenal and those below us, wouldn't rest too many:

vs Chelsea:

-------------------------------Hart
Sagna---------Otamendi------------Mangala----------Clichy
-----------------Yaya----------------Fernando
Fernandinho-------------De Bruyne--------------------Nasri
-----------------------------Aguero

Rest Silva's ankle, rotate against Newcastle.

vs Newcastle:

-------------------------------Hart
Sagna----------Kompany--------------Mangala---------Clichy
-----------------Yaya-------------------Delph
Navas---------------------De Bruyne---------------------Silva
-----------------------------Aguero

Both Fern's will probably need a rest after Chelsea. Can't bring myself to rotate the fullbacks because they have been so much better than Zaba (unfortunately) and Kolarov. Nasri probably can't do both games, Delph will be due a run out.

Last edited:
If Vinny is to play I hope we don't trot him out for the full 90. With as many injuries as they have, and us only without Raheem for this one three points is a definite possibility. Would be a huge result!

I'd go with Joe, Sagna, Vinny, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya, Navas, KDB, Kun. Give Silva a break. 1-2 City

Fuck me how could I forget about Samir! Surely he'll get a start after his performance against West Brom

I'd like us to stick with the same team we played against PSG but I think Pellers will probably add Yaya and Nasri and maybe Kompany if he's fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.