Chelsea Thread 16/17

It's really weird how there are constant rumours surrounding our players and other clubs when in the last 2 decades, we've barely sold any players that we didn't want to sell.

I can only think of one, and even then the club seemed quite happy to let him go as it was a healthy fee and he was so injury prone.
It was a genuine question mate. I reckon you do not see this happening based on your response :-)

It was a genuine question mate. I reckon you do not see this happening based on your response :-)

Yep, sorry. I edited in an answer to your question, which I totally meant to do, I just got wrapped up in that mini-rant :)

Yep, sorry. I edited in an answer to your question, which I totally meant to do, I just got wrapped up in that mini-rant :)
No problem, my question was rather short, and therefore a little impolite.

For the record I do not have a problem with Chelsea. I am happy you won the title when City couldn't.

I was asking the question because I had indeed read some rumors down here in Munich where I am located, and I reckon that the Chelsea team could be quite sensitive to players being sold, given you have only used about 18 players the whole season, and given that you need to make your squad deeper to deal with Champions League next season. So I was wondering which stories and expectations are going round the Chelsea supporters.

No problem, my question was rather short, and therefore a little impolite.

For the record I do not have a problem with Chelsea. I am happy you won the title when City couldn't.

I was asking the question because I had indeed read some rumors down here in Munich where I am located, and I reckon that the Chelsea team could be quite sensitive to players being sold, given you have only used about 18 players the whole season, and given that you need to make your squad deeper to deal with Champions League next season. So I was wondering which stories and expectations are going round the Chelsea supporters.

Feeling is mutual with regards to the title. I will always prefer City to win it, if we don't.

I would say ignore all rumours regarding Courtois and Conte. I would entertain the Hazard rumours a little because it isn't 1000% certain that he's staying, but it's very very unlikely that he leaves. He's close to signing a new contract, as is Courtois and Conte btw. Costa really is the only one who looks to be on his way out.

Since you mention it, what is the general feeling regarding Chelsea (and City and the PL in general) in Germany?

Feeling is mutual with regards to the title. I will always prefer City to win it, if we don't.

I would say ignore all rumours regarding Courtois and Conte. I would entertain the Hazard rumours a little because it isn't 1000% certain that he's staying, but it's very very unlikely that he leaves. He's close to signing a new contract, as is Courtois and Conte btw. Costa really is the only one who looks to be on his way out.

Since you mention it, what is the general feeling regarding Chelsea (and City and the PL in general) in Germany?
Right thanks for the information mate.
I am not sure I am in a position to say something meaningful about how PL, Chelsea and City are viewed in Germany, but here are my 2 cents:
Most German football fans are totally focused on the Bundesliga. I think they generally view the PL positively, especially since Jürgen Klopp moved to Liverpool.

What many don't like is all the money in the PL, and in particular a club like City is viewed negatively as the plaything of the Sheik. I think Chelsea is not quite viewed in the same way, purely because Roman has been owning the club longer, and as such Chelsea to an extend belongs to the establishment. Chelsea's money is more like "old" money and therefore better than the "new" money City has. All of this follows no real logic and is just a mirror of how things are seen in Great Britain.

EDIT: There is not very much appreciation for the fact that City is now actually self sustaining and profitable. There is even less understanding and appreciation of Chelsea's situation, but as I said there is less negative focus on Chelsea.

Right thanks for the information mate.
I am not sure I am in a position to say something meaningful about how PL, Chelsea and City are viewed in Germany, but here are my 2 cents:
Most German football fans are totally focused on the Bundesliga. I think they generally view the PL positively, especially since Jürgen Klopp moved to Liverpool.

What many don't like is all the money in the PL, and in particular a club like City is viewed negatively as the plaything of the Sheik. I think Chelsea is not quite viewed in the same way, purely because Roman has been owning the club longer, and as such Chelsea to an extend belongs to the establishment. Chelsea's money is more like "old" money and therefore better than the "new" money City has. All of this follows no real logic and is just a mirror of how things are seen in Great Britain.

EDIT: There is not very much appreciation for the fact that City is now actually self sustaining and profitable. There is even less understanding and appreciation of Chelsea's situation, but as I said there is less negative focus on Chelsea.

Thanks for the lengthy response.

For some reason, it looks like City are stuck at the stage Chelsea were in the first 2-3 years after Roman became our owner. In the sense that, they are still looked upon as newcomers when you have had your owners for a good decade now. Maybe the fact that City, PSG came after Chelsea helped the perception people had of Chelsea. We moved from being viewed as the new kids on the block to being part of the established top clubs in Europe. I have seen Liverpool fans longing for the "good old days" when Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool were dominating the top 4 and doing well in Europe, which is quite insane, when you think about the abuse Liverpool fans in particular have given Chelsea over our supposed lack of history.

article-2429460-182C343900000578-445_634x299.jpg

Nah it's nice sometimes.

Yep, there's no nicer way to juxtapose the two badges!

Bookies have revealed today that hey have paid out £Thousands in bets took that Terry would be subbed of on 26 minutes.

Something the thick **** has told the world he planned.

Thats match fixing to add to his various other infractions now.

Thanks for the lengthy response.

For some reason, it looks like City are stuck at the stage Chelsea were in the first 2-3 years after Roman became our owner. In the sense that, they are still looked upon as newcomers when you have had your owners for a good decade now. Maybe the fact that City, PSG came after Chelsea helped the perception people had of Chelsea. We moved from being viewed as the new kids on the block to being part of the established top clubs in Europe. I have seen Liverpool fans longing for the "good old days" when Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool were dominating the top 4 and doing well in Europe, which is quite insane, when you think about the abuse Liverpool fans in particular have given Chelsea over our supposed lack of history.

Chelsea started getting an easy ride from the media when we came along, saying that Chelsea never got the bad press we get continuously probably to do with scum being our scummy neighbours.

Bookies have paid out at 100-1 on Terry getting subbed in the 26th minute, as arranged prior to the start of the match. So you could still put money on something which had already been decided right up to kick off. Both Teams knew this, so it is entirely possible that relatives of players/staff and anyone else connected with either club could have been given the nod to get a few quid on at the bookies before kick off.

It is more than highly likely that someone took advantage of inside info and made a killing at the bookies but it would be difficult to nail it on individual punters. The fact remains; a mechanism was in place to enable bookmakers to be swindled out of a large sum of cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.