Chelsea Thread 16/17

For undoubtedly diverting some of the media coverage on the monday away from the actual trophy presentation. It should have been a joyous day for you (indeed, you probably feel it still was), but I know that if a player's selfish actions took anything away from a great City achievement I wouldn't be happy with him. It should have been left until FT. Nobody would have said a dicky bird then.

I can guarantee you there isn't a single Chelsea who felt it stole media coverage from the occasion. We wanted him to have his moment. It was great that it was part of the day. We all knew that last game wasn't just going to be about the trophy presentation. We didn't to get say our goodbyes to Lampard as his departure was announced after the season was over, which annoyed quite a lot of people, so everyone (at least the ones I know) were looking forward to properly saying our goodbyes to Terry.

I guess I'm not expecting you fully agree with me. I'm just trying to help you understand that to everyone connected to Chelsea, the day couldn't have panned out any better. The whole day was amazing.

I can guarantee you there isn't a single Chelsea who felt it stole media coverage from the occasion. We wanted him to have his moment. It was great that it was part of the day. We all knew that last game wasn't just going to be about the trophy presentation. We didn't to get say our goodbyes to Lampard as his departure was announced after the season was over, which annoyed quite a lot of people, so everyone (at least the ones I know) were looking forward to properly saying our goodbyes to Terry.

I guess I'm not expecting you fully agree with me. I'm just trying to help you understand that to everyone connected to Chelsea, the day couldn't have panned out any better. The whole day was amazing.
The question is would he still have wanted the game to down tools if sunderland were still fighting to stay up? knowing his character yes he would and sod sunderland imo

The question is would he still have wanted the game to down tools if sunderland were still fighting to stay up? knowing his character yes he would and sod sunderland imo

But Karen, why is that the question? You are inventing a completely hypothetical situation and then slamming Terry for it.

Drogba had a similar send off 2 years ago (against Sunderland too) where he was carried off the pitch in an early first half substitution. Nobody cared then. Terry isn't a well liked guy though, so he gets hammered.

But Karen, why is that the question? You are inventing a completely hypothetical situation and then slamming Terry for it.

Drogba had a similar send off 2 years ago (against Sunderland too) where he was carried off the pitch in an early first half substitution. Nobody cared then. Terry isn't a well liked guy though, so he gets hammered.
The fans stay behind after to say goodbye as we did with zabba,contrast classy with tacky look at me behaviour
We'll not agree so lets move along

The fans stay behind after to say goodbye as we did with zabba,contrast classy with tacky look at me behaviour
We'll not agree so lets move along

I guess we're in 'my club did it so this is classy, that club did it differently so that is tacky' territory.

I guess we won't agree.

Monaco's Bakayako (?) is rumoured to be joining them. Their options in central midfield could be quite phenomenal.

Monaco's Bakayako (?) is rumoured to be joining them. Their options in central midfield could be quite phenomenal.

If he comes, there's no way someone else doesn't leave. We cannot keep both Matic and Fabregas happy.

If Conte could somehow fit in Kante, Fabregas and someone else (Bakayoko?) into a functioning team that also has Hazard and a striker(Costa or Alexis/Lukaku) I would be very impressed. It seems like a hard thing to do. I think 352 would be the obvious way to go, but in that scenario, there would be no room for Willian/Pedro. It's a difficult puzzle, but I don't mind it if we also get better quality wingbacks.

Chelsea were poor and looked lethargic. Arsenal could have had 4 goals first half. Kante got away with so much in the game too

It was a piss poor peformance from us. The scoreline flattered, as you say. If anything, I hope it serves as a reminder that we cannot rest on our laurels like we did after winning the title 2 seasons ago. It's an important summer. With the right recruits, we could end up being potential outside contenders for the CL, as could City if they have a good summer. It's an important summer for both of our teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.