Chelsea Thread 2014/15

malg

Not seen a Chelsea 14/15 thread yet, and as every title contender should have one, I thought I'd start it.

I fancied them at the start of the season last year due to Mourinho and his experience in this league - happily I was wrong, and it goes to show that experience is good, but just being very good at what you do (Pellegrini) means a lot more.

However, with the signings he's now made I really can't see past them this season, they look very, very strong. So I'm going for them again this season (hopefully my prediction will mirror last season)!

I hope they continue to look like individual's in midfield and attack.

No doubt their defence has been a solid unit, although I imagine they will still be playing Azpilicueta as a right footed left back, but Terry is getting on.
Costa is a new, expensive face and the jury will be out. Torres is a spent force. Ba??
Ramires can either be 9/10 or 2/10, Luiz who I quite rated to the back end of his Chelsea time has been sold. I don't rate Willian too highly.
Matic hasn't settled yet although I think he will be very good for them.
Mata was excellent for them yet never got a look in and was sold off. Hazard will continue to be excellent though for them and Fabregas is another new face.

I think they could either click, or end up similarly as last season.

with the transfers so far the media should have them down as favourites

I think we could learn a trick or 2 of chelsea about how to buy a couple of mediocre players put them on the bench and then flog them for double what they paid for them!

uwe rosler 28 said:
I think we could learn a trick or 2 of chelsea about how to buy a couple of mediocre players put them on the bench and then flog them for double what they paid for them!

The Russian Mafia have there ways to "persuade" clubs to pay big bucks ;)

You can't really argue with ther transfer business. They have bought very well in the last couple of seasons and aside from their failed attempts to replace Drogba they have managed to strengthen. I think we have won the league twice in the last three seasons because of more stability at board level. Chelsea have bought bought bought with no real strategy and just when they look good a new manager has changed things. I was surprised at the sale of Mata, I rate him more than Oscar. They have lost Cole and Lampard but sold Luis who is shite, for a lot of money.

Cech/Courtois
Ivanovic
Cahill
Terry
Azpilicueta
Ramires
Matic
Fabregas
Hazard
Costa
Oscar

Pretty decent and some good options off the bench.

Still think because of our settled core and success over recent seasons we have a bit more. Shown a lot of fight to win the league last season where Chelsea bottled it. They will get better but I think we have a lot more to show and with better luck on the injury front we can challenge in Europe too.

There team looks so strong

1033306_Chelsea.jpg

I think they under-performed in the League last season but yet there results against the top 4 were the strongest.
Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd
Man City 0-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea

You can't tell me that their first 11 doesn't look strong, add to that the strength in depth they have in there squad.

The game at the Bridge could have gone either way but we were dominated at the Etihad.
Only Bayern and Dortmund made this type of performance against us where you could clearly see we were the weaker team on the day.
They bossed the midfield against us and Matic dominated YaYa

At this point in the transfer window they should be considered clear favourites

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
There team looks so strong

1033306_Chelsea.jpg

I think they under-performed in the League last season but yet there results against the top 4 were the strongest.
Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd
Man City 0-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea

You can't tell me that their first 11 doesn't look strong, add to that the strength in depth they have in there squad.

The game at the Bridge could have gone either way but we were dominated at the Etihad.
Only Bayern and Dortmund made this type of performance against us where you could clearly see we were the weaker team on the day.
They bossed the midfield against us and Matic dominated YaYa

At this point in the transfer window they should be considered clear favourites

A very strong line up. They are lacking cover in defence as far as i can see. If they pick up any injuries in this dept then they could suffer but Mourinho has a talent for defensive tactics so whoever he brings in will have been drilled in his formation. Its going to be an interesting season!

They signed Tiago from Atletico Madrid and look almost certain to sign Filipe Luis.

I think they will setup something like this:

Hazard---------Costa--------------Willian
----------Tiago---------Fabregas---------
-------------------Matic----------------------
F.Luis---Terry-------Cahill---Azpilicueta
-----------------Courtois--------------------

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.