Cheques .

Advise please , a friend of mine needs to cash a cheque .

If she puts the cheque in her own bank account the money will get used by the bank to reduce her overdraft .

Does she have any other options ? As she needs some ready,s .

Advise please so that i can pass on to her and thank you in advance .

Why doesn't see just open another account at another bank and pay it in there?

Do they take a cut them places? I always wondered how it worked. I think I've only had one cheque on about 15 years

I'm talking about the bank. You can cash a cheque against your visa and they give you the cash. It never enters your account and the visa card is used in case it bounces.
Came in handy when I was working under the table years ago.

I'm talking about the bank. You can cash a cheque against your visa and they give you the cash. It never enters your account and the visa card is used in case it bounces.
Came in handy when I was working under the table years ago.

As in your Credit Card Visa??

How do cheque cashing places get round the requirement for a crossed cheque to be paid into the named recipient's account?

How do cheque cashing places get round the requirement for a crossed cheque to be paid into the named recipient's account?

They have an agreement with their bank to accept them. As an 'industry' it's pretty much dead, many of the banks won't allow companies access to that facility anymore because of the constantly evolving money laundering regulations. Everything requires extra compliance (for both cheque cashier and bank) and therefore extra costs and, because margins are so tight, any losses are really damaging. For the OP, a lot will depend on who the payee is, person to person cheques or business to business cheques won't be considered and fees may be dependent on the risk involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.