Chinese OSCs inc. Shenzhen Blues + Sun Jihai + China tours

I've decided to knock this trip on the head, way too much hassle about sorting tickets etc.

It's a shame because I love visiting South-East Asia and was looking forward to adding China to the list of countries I have been to there.

@Colliahhh I appreciate all the info, thank you.

Touts on China are legal, outside grounds and use unpriced tickets. They are not easy to speak with in Chinese for natuve speakers... good luck to us Johnny Foreigners.

Did anyone go to City’s pre-season in 1996/97 at Tianjin (1-1)?

Just a single game against, the rest of the tour was a wash-out as two more games were cancelled due to weather conditions.
Creaney scored.

City
Immel, Kernaghan, Frontzeck, Lomas, Symons, Clough, Summerbee, Rosler, Mori, Kinkladze, Phillips
used subs Margetson, Curle, Brown, Crooks, Greenacre, Kavelashvili, Creaney
unused sub Brightwell

I thought we lost the Tianjin match 1-0? I remember reading about the game in a City magazine my aunt used to send me and being really disappointed that we lost - I was sufficiently young back then to not really get that playing strength is generally subpar in preseason, plus I don't think I appreciated that we weren't as good then as I thought we were. I had a poster of that game up on my wall for years afterwards, otherwise I'd surely never have remembered.

Well, despite what I was told last weekend there are tickets on sale now on the official website- £63 for Shenzhen and £86 for Beijing. Not sure I can justify spending that much on a ticket. Will probably just swing by on the day and see what I can get from a tout

I thought we lost the Tianjin match 1-0? I remember reading about the game in a City magazine my aunt used to send me and being really disappointed that we lost - I was sufficiently young back then to not really get that playing strength is generally subpar in preseason, plus I don't think I appreciated that we weren't as good then as I thought we were. I had a poster of that game up on my wall for years afterwards, otherwise I'd surely never have remembered.

I stumbled on it via an old City site. I was too young to remember preseason overseas then

Not quite as fun fact: Did you know most China Towns were formed by Cantonese and Taiwanese fleeing China? Where they weren't the numbers were boosted by those same two people. That said great Chinese giant businesses followed...

Might not be quite a 'fun' fact in that sense, but that is really interesting. What were they fleeing? Ethnic persecution? A despotic emperor? The glorious revolution? Famine? Economic crash? Other?

Might not be quite a 'fun' fact in that sense, but that is really interesting. What were they fleeing? Ethnic persecution? A despotic emperor? The glorious revolution? Famine? Economic crash? Other?

I'm sure they had their valid reasons. See Manchester Museum, 2nd floor, cultural studies cabinets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.