China crisis?

Burtonblue

When the likes of Didier Drogba, Ramires and Carlos Tevez decided to move to the Chinese super league it looked to me as if they were players reaching the twilight of their careers in top flight football looking to cash in on the last few years of their professional careers.
However, the departure of other players such as Paulinho, Oscar and possibly Diego Costa (please let it happen!) is clearly a sign that "current" top talent is prepared to move to China to ply their trade.
This must represent a very worrying trend for the big European clubs as some players are clearly putting money earning and what I can only describe as greed - given what these guys already earn- ahead of the opportunity to win well established major club trophies.
Just how long is it going to be before they come knocking for the likes of David Silva and Sergio Aguero?
Is there anything the European giants can do to compete?
Should FIFA be getting involved in capping salaries?
If not I think we may be on the verge of a mass exodus of talent to the Far East as financially there is no way our clubs could compete with China.
Maybe Trump has got the right idea on China after all (though it pains me to say so!)
Would be interested in your views.

Money or not I think it'll go the way of America with New York Cosmos & Tampa Bay Rowdies, a little surge then flatten out to maybe resurface in 20 years time.

Think it will sort out those that want money and those that want a good career to look back on. For me any player under 28 maybe even 30 that moves to China, over wages we would pay isn't a player I'd want to keep anyway. I expect it to peak in the next couple of years then fall back to it's own level.

Christ, I was coming on here to say a yogurt knitter will be along to blame Trump.......
Not blaming him
Just don't like the guy but he may be right about his policy on China
Like the yogurt knitting though...

There will always be the odd few exceptions, but generally it'll continue to be players who are old (Drogba, Tevez) or a bit shit (Pelle, Demba Ba).

The country as a whole is less appealing to live in than Europe, however much you earn, particularly given they can still earn millions a year in Europe too.

I think the prestige and standard of the clubs and competitions in Europe will mean most of the top players remain here.

Odd how it's Chelsea players going from our league for inflated fees again. Ramires, Oscar, now possibly Costa, not to mention how they once managed to get £50m from PSG for Sideshow Bob. There is something dodgy about that club, for sure.

Its happened before - back in time Spanish and / or Italian football had the money and scooped up the world talent. Recently we in England assumed that place. We can't moan now China is doing it. Its the way of the world. Why should FIFA step in to help Europe keep the best players? Their stated aim is to spread the game across the world and Chinese money is helping that happen.

A bit rich asking FIFA to get involved.

All the other European nations look at the Premier League in the same way as we pay the most in terms of wages and transfer fees.

I think some mercenaries will leave but those still wanting to play at the highest levels will stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.