China crisis?

It will last until someone realises just how hazardous to their health living in such toxic smogs can be, especially for sports people who gulp down way more air every day than the average Joe.

We wont have a crisis because we only by players that have ambition. Slag bony off all you want, he rejected a move to china, that takes balls

As others have said, we have done much the same, so no point in squealing or expecting FIFA to get involved.

The main difference is that overseas players were attracted to the PL/City for the football as well as the money. At Chinese football's current level of development, it is almost exclusively a financial decision. That may or may not change but, in the short run, I can only see a minority being swayed.

If a Chinese club offered me £30mill a year, plus the number '69' on my shirt, and sponsored by 'too can chew', I would be off there in a flash.

Not fussed. Italy was king for a while, England has been too, and the likes of Spain and Germany could argue that as well.

China is still behind America. Will many tune in to watch Chinese football? Probably not. I'm sure many of the big tv companies will deliberately avoid showing it if they can help themselves

A bit rich asking FIFA to get involved.

All the other European nations look at the Premier League in the same way as we pay the most in terms of wages and transfer fees.

I think some mercenaries will leave but those still wanting to play at the highest levels will stay.
I totally agreee. There are obviously short term financial rewards for the Chinese investors, but to have an infrastructure in place to rival the current major leagues is years and years away. Nothing to worry about here. I have absolutely no problem with anyone taking a payday when they're in the twilight of their career, and if any of our players went there whilst at the peak of their career, it would merely justify the clubs ambition, and register as a bullet that we rightfully dodged.

Had no idea they had issues with precision engineering. Did yo know they have to import the steel for ball point pens as theirs is not good enough quality. Also the general mentality is not as meticulous as Germany and Japan. Read it last night, interesting little snippet anyway.

Its happened before - back in time Spanish and / or Italian football had the money and scooped up the world talent. Recently we in England assumed that place. We can't moan now China is doing it. Its the way of the world. Why should FIFA step in to help Europe keep the best players? Their stated aim is to spread the game across the world and Chinese money is helping that happen.
You do realise how long it would take for a country to ebstablish itself as a competitive force on the world football (or soccer) scene don't you? It's not just about buying players, as the whole infrastructure has to be in place, even before competitive sponsorship deals and tv rights management can be a serious proposition. I wouldn't worry too much as having a large population doesn't automatically guarantee this at all. I'm not going to quote pisscan's words of 'not in my lifetime', but I don't think that comment would be too wide of the mark.

*disclaimer: if your under 12 years of age, then it's a possibilty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.