Chinese Super League

Alex Teixeira will earn £192,000 week in China. Liverpool offered him £45,000

wow !

Probably got a call as he was about to enter UK airspace and did a rapid U Turn.

Mental if true, think there'll be any Chinese scouts at my Sunday League matches??

The President of China himself is "encouraging" Chinese businessmen to be "active" in world football. China may have moved, economically, to a more free market but, politically, is still communist. Their TV contract in China went from roughly $10 MILLION a season to $1.25 BILLION last year for no apparent reason until now.

That said Chinese teams have a de facto marquee player/designated player system in that only 4 players can be from outside of Asia. A 5th player can be from outside China but from the Asian confederation. Everyone else must be Chinese.

It is a dangerous game they're playing, in my mind. I don't believe guys like Teixeira, Martinez or Ramires really have a following/brand big enough to impress enough people inside or outside of China to make back their money and the fact that they're paired with so many sub-par Chinese players will weigh down the overall quality of the league.

I just don't see this working well for them but it's their government money to spend as they see fit, I suppose.

Last edited:
Nowadays nothing surprises me. Especially in football. No one can argue that in maybe 5-8 years China will become to Asia what the PL is to Europe today. It can definitely influence the tv-money the FA gets from Asia. Our owners sold 13% stakes to a Chinese company. Who says any Chinese club taken in to the CFG might by than be part of the wealthiest league in the world? Interesting and somewhat worrying as well. Even we can loose out on players we want and get ...
Underestimate it will be like what other teams have done to us when ADUG took over.

There are Australian players and their agents looking at China and the big money on offer, Australia is part of the Asia football confederation so it's very appealing. You will see some players taking that route to wealth from the A League

I dont understand these crazy prices. They could easily get him a lot cheaper from Chelsea, and a lot cheaper wage-wise.

It's not like they are sitting at the table discussing:

So Oscar, 100k £ a week? Naaaah
150k a week? Naaaah
200k then? Well, double that.

ALRIGHTY THEN!

Seems like chinese clubs are just spouting out random fees for "randomish top players".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.