Chris Bailey webchat

Shooter 83

Says Hughes has give the owners his summer transfer targets, and looks like Sturridge is going Villa.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1112039_manchester_city_webchat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ty_webchat</a>

yeah, i sat through that.... the way i understood it, he said that sturridge's contract talks had stalled a while ago, which isnt news. he didnt sound hopeful that he'd stay but he didnt really have anything to tell, just that he thought that villa was a more likely destination than chelsea if he did leave.

also seemed to me that the list of targets was submitted a long time ago, although he did say the owners had made absolutely no indication they were about to get rid of hughes.

it was mildly interesting. he said that next season 6th would be the minimum requirement, i guess someone told him that, but who, and when, and how true it remains after the summer window is anyone's guess. most of it was educated guess work and opinion.... one or two very small details interested me.... he thinks joe hart will want first team football because it's world cup year.

He said MH wanted Sturridge to stay and the talks will continue but if they fail then Villa would be his most likely destination and that is expected he would want a lot of first team football.

Just loved his reply to a couple of questions on our likely points total and how many needed for 7th spot!

[Comment From Sirius Blue]
Morning, how many points do you think we can realistically achieve in our remaining games against Blackburn, the Swampers, Spurs and Bolton, and how many points do you think are needed for Euro qualification?
11:27
Chris Bailey: I'd like to think we will get another eight to 10 points and we will need the higher number to clinch seventh spot. Two home wins, a draw at Spurs and another 'impeccable' performance in Stretford ought to do the trick.

"Another impeccable performance in Stretford", lol!

Think he's right on the points required for 7th: 10. Outside chance 9 will be enough if we win at Spuds to knock out a dangerous rival

Wish he'd do more of these to be honest.

Always a bit surprised when people slag Chris Bailey off as I think he does an excellent job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.