Cinema Prices - Why Are They So Greedy?

Why are cinemas so greedy with their pricing, cost of sweets, chocolate, popcorn and drinks when the cinema is always empty?

Surely it still costs them the same price to show a movie on the screen even if there was only 1 person in the cinema!?

Want to watch Wonder Woman, for the lovely Gal of course..

The degree of greed is dependent on your mindset in what is regarded as the pleasure spectrum.

If you are a big fan of the movie experience in a large room with a large screen amongst friends or a lover and have the disposable income you probably don't consider the greed factor into the equation as much as if you are not and are dragged along to see something with people you would prefer not to be with at least in the cinema and not enjoy watching with a limited or lesser amount of disposable income.

One mans trash is another mans treasure as they say.

Cinemas barely make any money on tickets/admissions. That just covers the cost of licenses and of showing films.

They make their money on the food. That's what pays their staff wages and helps to make a profit - hence why they are a bit touchy about people bringing their own food, and why the food is so pricey.

Cinemas barely make any money on tickets/admissions. That just covers the cost of licenses and of showing films.

They make their money on the food. That's what pays their staff wages and helps to make a profit - hence why they are a bit touchy about people bringing their own food, and why the food is so pricey.

yeah the cinema's get something like 20/25% of the ticket price.

I think Trainspotting 2 was £10 at the Printworks and Don't Take Me Home was less than that in Belle Vue. Reasonable enough for a few hours entertainment.

Yep, sneak your own stuff in there.
I find cinema tedious now I'm getting older, can't stand sitting next to someone and if they start eating it pisses me off more - plus the fact films are generally crap nowadays

Vue cinema here is normally about £11 for an adult and £9 for child but hardly anyone used it.

Now they've trialed a new price range for a year to see how it goes. £4.99 for an adult or child for any showing. It gets quite busy now, still take your own food in.

I heard exactly this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.