Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyMC said:
cyprustavern said:
Raffles said:
Sorry mate - wasn't aware I was.

I am struggling a bit here though. What do you mean by "aimless noise"? Do you mean someone trying to start a "song" that only lasts a few seconds because someone else started a different song a few blocks over and their attempt fails for the very same reason?

If so, I totally agree with you. This was the main impetus for starting The Citizens in the first place - to try and get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet (pun intended).

Sorry again if I caused offence.

Andy

you have a point and you speak very eruditely

more coherent than you last night Cyprus!

haha touche :-)

ALL football songs are nicked from somewhere. You think the Balotelli song is original? You think "the only football team to come from Manchester" is original? Oh - and they did use their own lyrics (last time I looked, Celtic play in green and white and don't come from Eastlands).

With all due to respect for your group. I think what you are doing is just what Manchester City needs.

So ... When it comes to nicking songs. Celtic sings "come on you boys in green" and you only replaced the word "green" with "blue". Does that really feels original? Sure, the song can still work, but why don't you remake the whole song and make it more "City". If you know what I mean.

As well, to all of you that criticize this group. How are you thinking? No body have the right to judge what is right or wrong to use in the stadium. If they want a capo and a drum, fine. Why do so many of you cares? If you don't want to be a part of it then stay out. It's not up to anyone but Citizens themselves to decide what they are going to use in the stadium. If the club gives it the green light then be happy that there at least are a few fans that still want to improve the atmosphere instead of just going in here after every game to complain over the poor atmosphere.

To be fair, a drum would damage OTHER peoples' experience of the game, so if they do bring one I think they have a right to complain. That may be their way of supporting the team but it shouldn't diminish others enjoyment.

greenie_34 said:
To be fair, a drum would damage OTHER peoples' experience of the game, so if they do bring one I think they have a right to complain. That may be their way of supporting the team but it shouldn't diminish others enjoyment.

I believe the phrase is "This ^^^^^"

Whinging misery-heads damage my experience but I have to live with it. A drum might also drown some of them with their "Aguero is f*cking sh*te!" remarks out.

Theres a huge difference though. I could probably hear the drum from the other side of the ground, I couldn't hear the winging bastards unless they were sat near me

I still don't understand the drum argument here.

Nearly every song/chant at the EDS game was accompanied by loud banging on the corrugated iron at the back of the stands. This was much louder than a single drum. It actively encouraged people to sing and even jump about a bit (well, it was chilly).

I do understand that a drum at Eastlands could be an annoyance - as no-one bangs on things there (and Showsec would have a heart-attack).

Please remember that this style of supporting City is only being tried at Hyde - as they are not naive enough to think that this will happen at Eastlands any time soon.

So a plea to all of you - please give the guys a break. Let them try things their way. If it works, great. If not, I'm sure they'll change it. Please don't be so quick to judge them - and maybe, just maybe, something good will come out of all this.

Thanks.

If you think its going to fail then you should in theory be happy that The Citizens exist as they will be creating atmosphere at EDS matches.

The ones who think it will fail or want it to fail should be happy as long as The Citizens don't go into The Etihad.

Does anyone else agree with that.

I quite liked creating atmosphere in a little stand like that it was good and fun. The ones that want The Citizens to fail surely don't want it to fail at EDS level.

Maybe this has been overlooked?(120 pages)

40 lads? Singing almost nonstop for 90 minutes.

Who said we can't do it in England?

Now multiple that 40 by the rest of the BA and numerous other people like me who love singing and we could be into the 100's.

Did anyone else notice?

Ajax.

Guessing. 20-40 lads stood at the bottom of the terrace started all the songs. To a man everybody else kept on joining in.

I'm not going to spell it out. Until we are allocated a proper singing block by the club, I've already posted my ideas on how this can be done(it isn't gospel though), the continued sparadic, half-heatred, and fragmented support will contiune at the Etihad.

Amass a few 100 like minded individuals in one specific block and you will notice the difference immediately.

Here's a final thought.

It took the club 1-2 seasons to dismantle the whole of the North stand. How long would it take the club to create a proper/official singing section/block?

I'm patient. 2014/15 seems about right.

Amazed that this is still causing so much debate. A newly formed fans group are trying something different at EDS games and we get 120 pages of arguments.

Some of the people on here remind me of that Father Ted episode when mrs doyle is given a tea maker! A drum... that's not how they created atmosphere in my day!!

Good luck Citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.