Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bugsyblue said:
Amazed that this is still causing so much debate. A newly formed fans group are trying something different at EDS games and we get 120 pages of arguments.

Some of the people on here remind me of that Father Ted episode when mrs doyle is given a tea maker! A drum... that's not how they created atmosphere in my day!!

Good luck Citizens.

TBF it's not only arguments.

There is plenty of constructive debate as to why the atmopshere is poor(at times) and how we can improve it.

just a correction to an earlier post, blue alliance will be present at reddish branch on 27th not 29th when we are talking safestanding with them and guests from the football supporters federation will be present

there is a meeting at the club on safestanding tomorrow at 4, alan galley is involved certainly, blue alliance are also on revolution 96.2 radio tomorrow after 10 talking about safestanding

i think the section we are getting for dortmund is away is one where there is normally safestanding, so its a bit more on the agenda now

wearethesouthstand said:
just a correction to an earlier post, blue alliance will be present at reddish branch on 27th not 29th when we are talking safestanding with them and guests from the football supporters federation will be present

there is a meeting at the club on safestanding tomorrow at 4, alan galley is involved certainly, blue alliance are also on revolution 96.2 radio tomorrow after 10 talking about safestanding

i think the section we are getting for dortmund is away is one where there is normally safestanding, so its a bit more on the agenda now

Great news, I was hoping the Blue Alliance would be going as we need to let the club know that this is what we want. I will try and attend on the 27th myself and at the end of he day its standing that we need if we want atmosphere to improve. Everyone need to support this.

I hope all the other prem clubs do this as well as if the others do it then city might start to properly consider it.

swedishcityfan said:
ALL football songs are nicked from somewhere. You think the Balotelli song is original? You think "the only football team to come from Manchester" is original? Oh - and they did use their own lyrics (last time I looked, Celtic play in green and white and don't come from Eastlands).

With all due to respect for your group. I think what you are doing is just what Manchester City needs.

So ... When it comes to nicking songs. Celtic sings "come on you boys in green" and you only replaced the word "green" with "blue". Does that really feels original? Sure, the song can still work, but why don't you remake the whole song and make it more "City". If you know what I mean.

As well, to all of you that criticize this group. How are you thinking? No body have the right to judge what is right or wrong to use in the stadium. If they want a capo and a drum, fine. Why do so many of you cares? If you don't want to be a part of it then stay out. It's not up to anyone but Citizens themselves to decide what they are going to use in the stadium. If the club gives it the green light then be happy that there at least are a few fans that still want to improve the atmosphere instead of just going in here after every game to complain over the poor atmosphere.

Because I don't want to listen to a fucking drum for 90 minutes. Love singing and getting behind the boys but a drum?

GXCity said:
swedishcityfan said:
ALL football songs are nicked from somewhere. You think the Balotelli song is original? You think "the only football team to come from Manchester" is original? Oh - and they did use their own lyrics (last time I looked, Celtic play in green and white and don't come from Eastlands).

With all due to respect for your group. I think what you are doing is just what Manchester City needs.

So ... When it comes to nicking songs. Celtic sings "come on you boys in green" and you only replaced the word "green" with "blue". Does that really feels original? Sure, the song can still work, but why don't you remake the whole song and make it more "City". If you know what
As well, to all of you that criticize this group. How are you thinking? No body have the right to judge what is right or wrong to use in the stadium. If they want a capo and a drum, fine. Why do so many of you cares? If you don't want to be a part of it then stay out. It's not up to anyone but Citizens themselves to decide what they are going to use in the stadium. If the club gives it the green light then be happy that there at least are a few fans that still want to improve the atmosphere instead of just going in here after every game to complain over the poor atmosphere.

Because I don't want to listen to a fucking drum for 90 minutes. Love singing and getting behind the boys but a drum?
l

Love some twat banging a drum in my ear and telling me when and how hard to sing, being of a low inttegences help is needed

You won't. It only takes about 100 singing fans to drown the sound of the drum. But it's still a good tool to use if you want people to keep pace.

Edit. What is the lyrics during the last chant starting at 02:32? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSbysleAAQE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSbysleAAQE</a>

swedishcityfan said:

You won't. It only takes about 100 singing fans to drown the sound of the drum. But it's still a good tool to use if you want people to keep pace.

Edit. What is the lyrics during the last chant starting at 02:32? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSbysleAAQE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSbysleAAQE</a>

"We are the Champions
Champions of England"

jrb said:
Maybe this has been overlooked?(120 pages)

40 lads? Singing almost nonstop for 90 minutes.

Who said we can't do it in England?

Now multiple that 40 by the rest of the BA and numerous other people like me who love singing and we could be into the 100's.

Did anyone else notice?

Ajax.

Guessing. 20-40 lads stood at the bottom of the terrace started all the songs. To a man everybody else kept on joining in.

I'm not going to spell it out. Until we are allocated a proper singing block by the club, I've already posted my ideas on how this can be done(it isn't gospel though), the continued sparadic, half-heatred, and fragmented support will contiune at the Etihad.

Amass a few 100 like minded individuals in one specific block and you will notice the difference immediately.

Here's a final thought.

It took the club 1-2 seasons to dismantle the whole of the North stand. How long would it take the club to create a proper/official singing section/block?

I'm patient. 2014/15 seems about right.
Don't we already have two singing blocks where people stand all match.Get the people in those blocks to sing a bit more?

what should happen is this :

the lads in the citizens should just join tba

tba get tickets for away games so their boys could get to more games going to games with tba boys. tba can help with expertise and give the citizens boys access to things they haven't got at the moment or are likely to at the moment, club will prefer to deal with one group, an established group that has gone about things in the right way, citizens want recognition straight away, blue alliance have put years of work in, so blue alliance aren't going to bend over backwards to accomodate the citizens are they? having said that some of the guys in the citizens might have good ideas which can be then brought through using tba's contacts and reach

what the citizens might find then is that if they want some support for their singing at eds games tba may be inclined to help them a bit more, perhaps help out with flags etc

675 at the game, 19 from the citizens, they did their thing with the megaphone, rest of the ground didn't join in. so did it work? tba don't need citizens but citizens need tba.

chris_m said:
swedishcityfan said:

"We are the Champions
Champions of England"
United song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.