City are in talks about a record shirt sponsorship deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommcfc said:
havelocke said:
money into the clubs account? Does that mean we should include threads re crap service at the bar, cold chips etc? Thats money into the clubs account as well. *sigh*

The second half of the post wasnt a transfer rumour, just a comment regarding the calibre of players the sponsors
would like to see...

lol
wasn't trying to argue the first part was just me being stupid guess i should have made that clearer

ah, no problem.....It's just that I'm not coping well with this multiple forums lark...*8-)

lol
yeah it seems to confuse people more
risk posting it in the main one and get ridiculed and abused
or post it here and get the same!!!
its confusing really

Apologies for being too lazy to research this fully, but surely being sponsored by Etihad is just another way for our owners to pour money into us (which is great obviously). Etihad is the airline of Abu Dhabi, and it's pretty likely that the royal family have a stake in this business. It's as if Chelsea were to have sponsorship from one of Abramovich's Russian oil or aluminium companies.

Shooter 83 said:
twinkletoes said:
The Daily Mail says City hope to clinch a club record shirt sponsorship deal with Middle East airline Etihad when their £2.3million-a-year deal with travel company Thomas Cook runs out at the end of the season.

It is rumoured to be the biggest sponsorship in Premiership history. So I don't think Etihad will be happy for us to buy the likes of RSC, Bridge and Diarra. They will want high profile players like Cambiasso, Kaka and Villa.

U need to understand how to build a club. You can't just go out and put 11 world stars together and expect everything. You need to build the squad up with better players than we have so we can make progress. Chelsea did it with Glen Johnson,Joe cole etc etc.

RSC and Diarra would be better than Fernandes and Benjani no doubt.

Total crap.
You're saying its better to buy steady journeymen that 11 superstars? Lets steadily get a regular 6th spot instead of jumping straight in to the top 4. 11 superstars are going to perform better than 11 so-so's.

super_city_si said:
Shooter 83 said:
U need to understand how to build a club. You can't just go out and put 11 world stars together and expect everything. You need to build the squad up with better players than we have so we can make progress. Chelsea did it with Glen Johnson,Joe cole etc etc.

RSC and Diarra would be better than Fernandes and Benjani no doubt.

Total crap.
You're saying its better to buy steady journeymen that 11 superstars? Lets steadily get a regular 6th spot instead of jumping straight in to the top 4. 11 superstars are going to perform better than 11 so-so's.

You can't go out and buy 11 world class players in one go in jan, you have build the squad up. Got Robinho maybe Villa Jan kaka in the summer along with a couple of other World class players. You need strength and depth. Diarra and Rsc would be a massive improvment on what we have now, and they are available in jan.

Shooter 83 said:
super_city_si said:
Total crap.

You can't go out and buy 11 world class players in one go in jan, you have build the squad up. Got Robinho maybe Villa Jan kaka in the summer along with a couple of other World class players. You need strength and depth. Diarra and Rsc would be a massive improvment on what we have now, and they are available in jan.

I understand what you're saying. We difinitely need strength in depth and I would buy Diarra and RSC. But having said that, if we have the chance on signing 11 superstars and ADUG will pay then we'd be idiots not to.

bluebarn said:
Apologies for being too lazy to research this fully, but surely being sponsored by Etihad is just another way for our owners to pour money into us (which is great obviously). Etihad is the airline of Abu Dhabi, and it's pretty likely that the royal family have a stake in this business. It's as if Chelsea were to have sponsorship from one of Abramovich's Russian oil or aluminium companies.

Your thinking on the right lines,
ADTA will be the next on board the good ship City.

I’m pretty much sure this is as good as a deal we can achieve, as for saying its another way of pumping money into the club, as true as that may be it's not like the owners have to conceal how much cash they are throwing at this project. They aren't money laundering experts now, I think you will find they have chosen an Arab airlines because they want the financial wealth from the premier league to filter into their homeland.

I can see this being the guaranteed shirt sponsor along with as believed by many others Puma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.