City are in talks about a record shirt sponsorship deal

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by twinkletoes, 10 Dec 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. havelocke

havelocke

ah, no problem.....It's just that I'm not coping well with this multiple forums lark...*8-)

2. tommcfc

tommcfc

IT and stuff
    lol
    yeah it seems to confuse people more
    risk posting it in the main one and get ridiculed and abused
    or post it here and get the same!!!
    its confusing really

3. bluebarn

bluebarn

Apologies for being too lazy to research this fully, but surely being sponsored by Etihad is just another way for our owners to pour money into us (which is great obviously). Etihad is the airline of Abu Dhabi, and it's pretty likely that the royal family have a stake in this business. It's as if Chelsea were to have sponsorship from one of Abramovich's Russian oil or aluminium companies.

4. super_city_si

super_city_si

Total crap.
    You're saying its better to buy steady journeymen that 11 superstars? Lets steadily get a regular 6th spot instead of jumping straight in to the top 4. 11 superstars are going to perform better than 11 so-so's.

5. Shooter 83

Shooter 83

You can't go out and buy 11 world class players in one go in jan, you have build the squad up. Got Robinho maybe Villa Jan kaka in the summer along with a couple of other World class players. You need strength and depth. Diarra and Rsc would be a massive improvment on what we have now, and they are available in jan.

6. super_city_si

super_city_si

I understand what you're saying. We difinitely need strength in depth and I would buy Diarra and RSC. But having said that, if we have the chance on signing 11 superstars and ADUG will pay then we'd be idiots not to.

7. Big G

Big G

Loafer
    Your thinking on the right lines,
    ADTA will be the next on board the good ship City.

8. MCFC-alan88

MCFC-alan88

Etihad is owned by the prince' brother is it not?

9. milo

milo

Done n dusted, methinks...

10. Taylor

Taylor

I’m pretty much sure this is as good as a deal we can achieve, as for saying its another way of pumping money into the club, as true as that may be it's not like the owners have to conceal how much cash they are throwing at this project. They aren't money laundering experts now, I think you will find they have chosen an Arab airlines because they want the financial wealth from the premier league to filter into their homeland.

I can see this being the guaranteed shirt sponsor along with as believed by many others Puma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.