City are in trouble, according to this fountain of knowledge..

I was going to quote a few but this one is the best.

• jambug
    13/05/2014 at 7:36 pm
    Whatever the merits of this article I’d just like to say to all the City fans that have taken the time to comment on this article, please don’t insult our intelligence by trying to pretend that having an Arab State using you as a National advertising campaign is in some way all about fairness and equal opportunity. What tosh.

It’s simply about a Nation State spending a Billion quid or more to buy titles and Trophies, in the highest profile League in the World, in order to increase it’s stature and wealth.

You are a marketing toy.

It could of been any Club, you was just unfortunate it was you.

That’s right, unfortunate, so no I am not jealous.

But I am pissed off that what the ‘oilers’ have done, has been allowed to happen, because it has had such an adverse effect on the Club I love, and I believe, an ultimately damaging long term effect on the Premier League as a whole.

I would of much rather yourselves, and the £1 Club from West London, had actually run your Clubs a little better over the previous 15 years or so years and not sacked there managers about once every 12 months, and had instead built your Clubs with a good board, enlisting good managers, buying good players, playing good football.

I mean that’s quite a good way to do it don’t you think?

Who stopped you doing that?

Was it Man Uniteds fault? Arsenals fault?

I suppose it was there fault you couldn’t run your Club properly was it? Come on !

So please, don’t pretend it’s about ‘Giving the small Clubs a chance’. It’s about buying your place at the table as opposed to earning it.

When the lucrative premiership started up, yourselves, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, etc. where all in exactly the same position as us, but you cocked it up. That’s the truth of the matter.

You missed the boat and it’s YOU that got jealous. Jealous of your brilliantly run neighbours rubbing your delicate little blue noses in it for 20 years.

So rather than coming over here getting all defensive, just admit you messed up. You messed up and you cant be bothered to put the graft in to EARN your place in the ‘elite’ group, as you like to call them. Just admit you’ve bought your way in and you’re going to carry on buying it and you’re perfectly happy to keep on buying it.

But please, stop kidding yourself your some kind of martyr to the cause because you’re fooling nobody.

This Jambug would be a psycho analysts dream.

I'm currently winding Tony Attwood up about Gazidis being a City fan. He said he's met Gazidis a few times and he's never stated this, to which I responded that as an employee of Arsenal on a 7 figure salary he's hardly going to drop it into a conversation with an Arsenal fan. Posted up an extract from Gazidis's Wiki page stating he grew up in Manchester and supported City. Attwood getting desperate and saying it's all past tense so I told him next time he bumps into him to ask Gazidis how much he celebrated Aguero's goal against QPR ;)

I was going to quote a few but this one is the best.

• jambug
    13/05/2014 at 7:36 pm
    Whatever the merits of this article I’d just like to say to all the City fans that have taken the time to comment on this article, please don’t insult our intelligence by trying to pretend that having an Arab State using you as a National advertising campaign is in some way all about fairness and equal opportunity. What tosh.

It’s simply about a Nation State spending a Billion quid or more to buy titles and Trophies, in the highest profile League in the World, in order to increase it’s stature and wealth.

You are a marketing toy.

It could of been any Club, you was just unfortunate it was you.

That’s right, unfortunate, so no I am not jealous.

But I am pissed off that what the ‘oilers’ have done, has been allowed to happen, because it has had such an adverse effect on the Club I love, and I believe, an ultimately damaging long term effect on the Premier League as a whole.

I would of much rather yourselves, and the £1 Club from West London, had actually run your Clubs a little better over the previous 15 years or so years and not sacked there managers about once every 12 months, and had instead built your Clubs with a good board, enlisting good managers, buying good players, playing good football.

I mean that’s quite a good way to do it don’t you think?

Who stopped you doing that?

Was it Man Uniteds fault? Arsenals fault?

I suppose it was there fault you couldn’t run your Club properly was it? Come on !

So please, don’t pretend it’s about ‘Giving the small Clubs a chance’. It’s about buying your place at the table as opposed to earning it.

When the lucrative premiership started up, yourselves, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, etc. where all in exactly the same position as us, but you cocked it up. That’s the truth of the matter.

You missed the boat and it’s YOU that got jealous. Jealous of your brilliantly run neighbours rubbing your delicate little blue noses in it for 20 years.

So rather than coming over here getting all defensive, just admit you messed up. You messed up and you cant be bothered to put the graft in to EARN your place in the ‘elite’ group, as you like to call them. Just admit you’ve bought your way in and you’re going to carry on buying it and you’re perfectly happy to keep on buying it.

But please, stop kidding yourself your some kind of martyr to the cause because you’re fooling nobody.

I was going to make a point about the nonsense in his post but I can't ignore the atrocious grammar and spelling that he used. A few typing mistakes are not enough to make someone's point invalid but when they're so numerous it makes it impossible to take someone seriously.

Arsenal have benefited financially more than any other club from City's windfall.
With all the players they have offloaded to us at great sums of money.
Wenger and the board pissed it up the wall......not our fault.

I'm currently winding Tony Attwood up about Gazidis being a City fan. He said he's met Gazidis a few times and he's never stated this, to which I responded that as an employee of Arsenal on a 7 figure salary he's hardly going to drop it into a conversation with an Arsenal fan. Posted up an extract from Gazidis's Wiki page stating he grew up in Manchester and supported City. Attwood getting desperate and saying it's all past tense so I told him next time he bumps into him to ask Gazidis how much he celebrated Aguero's goal against QPR ;)

LOL.

I saw his gibberish response to your question about who he was talking about when he said

That raises the question of the morality of a Premier League club being financed by people who are close to those who are financing the Terror.

Since it made no sense, last night I asked him in express terms which team he was referring to. My comment was 'awaiting moderation' when I looked this morning, and now it's been taken down completely. Looks like he doesn't want to answer it.

Since the main article only mentions one team by name it's fairly clear he was trying to insinuate in the article that City's owners are 'close to those who are financing the terror' but is now back-pedalling. Have you noticed BTW how many more comments his article about City generate than the articles about Arsenal? Seems a bit odd for an Arsenal forum, but I suppose if that's what generates the clicks, that's what generates the revenue.

LOL.

I saw his gibberish response to your question about who he was talking about when he said

Since it made no sense, last night I asked him in express terms which team he was referring to. My comment was 'awaiting moderation' when I looked this morning, and now it's been taken down completely. Looks like he doesn't want to answer it.

Since the main article only mentions one team by name it's fairly clear he was trying to insinuate in the article that City's owners are 'close to those who are financing the terror' but is now back-pedalling. Have you noticed BTW how many more comments his article about City generate than the articles about Arsenal? Seems a bit odd for an Arsenal forum, but I suppose if that's what generates the clicks, that's what generates the revenue.

I take it you mean this gibberish response of his? ;)

The link I was trying to set out in my normal clumsy manner is one that relates to the destabilisation of the region, given that Qatar clearly cannot sit back and let the blockade happen. In a destabilised region commercial airlines tend to have a hard time of it. Further at such a time it is possible that Qatar will re-evaluate its policy of sport diplomacy. If that happens then the value of clubs generally sinks because there is one very major player suddenly out of the market. Further a combination of such factors in the world of marketing, where all services are only worth what you can get from them, rather than from any intrinsic value such as the cost of manufacture, generally leads to a significant decline in value. Add to this that in marketing a lot of value comes from the perception of others, then there is a danger that if people consider Qatar a declining market, then they will consider those with whom Qatar is at war, a declining market. Add to this the fact that Iran seems ready to step in to help Qatar, the region could be thrown into a crisis for at least several months. If a week is a long time in politics, half an hour is a long time in marketing.

To which I replied:

Thanks for clarifying. It did appear you were trying to make some link between City’s owner, his native country, and Qatar’s alleged funding of terrorism.

Of course, I know for a fact that's exactly what he was doing and you're dead right that he's back-pedalling, due to the him being challenged about it with Arsenal/Emirates being thrown into the mix. He knows he's fucked up and no amount of squirming and gibberish can get him out of that rather large hole he's dug for himself!

Last edited:
Yes. If you bought your place at the table in the 30s it doesn't count. Nor apparently does a big cash injection in the 90s.

IIRC, Attwood regards himself as an Arsenal historian and I've seen pieces by him about the Henry Norris period which seek to deny anything that points to the above interpretation. Shows the same scrupulous regard for strict factual accuracy across the breadth of his output, I see.

IIRC, Attwood regards himself as an Arsenal historian and I've seen pieces by him about the Henry Norris period which seek to deny anything that points to the above interpretation. Shows the same scrupulous regard for strict factual accuracy across the breadth of his output, I see.

Football websites really are a reminder of the old adage that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth. The number of times I have heard Gooners in particular assert that City have been given their stadium and that we achieved nothing as a club before 2008 beggars belief.

They should be fcking grateful they are getting to watch some top class footballers play top class football, the same way everyone loved watching the likes of lundberg, pires, viera, petit etc

Football websites really are a reminder of the old adage that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth. The number of times I have heard Gooners in particular assert that City have been given their stadium and that we achieved nothing as a club before 2008 beggars belief.

There were mainstream media outlets doing the same, as well. Fake news isn't quite as recent as a lot of people think!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.