City ask for hearing with PGMOL over 9 tackles

There is only so much we can do and at least we are putting it out there.

Any bad challenge tomorrow and the crowd will be up and there will be pressure on the ref.

There will probably be some challenges that look bad at the ground and have us all going mad, that we look at later and where actually ok as well.

It was noticeable in the game vs WBA

They've always resisted the call to allow decisions to be revisited because it will undermine the referee. I'm strongly of the opinion that the referees need to be undermined. The standards are shocking.

I also think that anyone banned for 3 games should also miss the next game against the opponent they were banned against. Then there's actually some benefit to the team that were screwed over.

Waste of time. We should be resorting to the dark arts. People need to know that assaulting one of our players has consequences beyond requesting a pointless hearing with some mealy-mouthed apologists.
Yep. Even at uni level, when one of the better players on our team got smacked, the perpetrator would be running scared of me and 2 of the other lads for the rest of the game.

I don't think there's a general problem of foul or violent play in the Premier League, but there is a problem with lenient or incompetent refereeing. The system of retrospective action also needs addressing. At the moment it depends on who the media point their fingers at

Apparently Pep/City is requesting a personal hearing with Mike Riley.

BBC story.

I'm sceptical how the BBC open up comments on certain articles especially if they are regarding City and written by a certain Simon Stone.
Surely he is not chasing click bait or judging by the comments just attracting trolls?

Nothing will happen because of the tribal nature of football. If you don't believe me, look at the comments in the BBC article cited above. There's no incentive for Riley to do anything because decisions are subjective and rival fans don't care. In any case, I believe Pep met with Riley once before and it was 'a waste of time'.

Best the manager can do is use it as a motivational tool.

I don't think there's a general problem of foul or violent play in the Premier League, but there is a problem with lenient or incompetent refereeing. The system of retrospective action also needs addressing. At the moment it depends on who the media point their fingers at
I don't think there's a general problem of foul or violent play in the Premier League, until it comes to playing City. There is a general disdain for us that players have picked up on

Waste of time. We should be resorting to the dark arts. People need to know that assaulting one of our players has consequences beyond requesting a pointless hearing with some mealy-mouthed apologists.
There must always be room in the squad for a destroyer. Even if we only bring him on for 5 or 10 mins at the end of the game, when it's won, with the sole purpose of hurting opponents that have gone out of their way to hurt our players, it would make them think twice. He'd probably get 4 bans per year but that would be his purpose. Bring Goicochea or Hunter out of retirement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.