City at forefront of trying to end even split of £3bn foreign TV rights.

I would of course prefer to see lower prices too but the problem is though, if people aren't attending after paying high prices for tickets, why would more of them attend after paying lower prices? It should theoretically be that people would be more likely to attend after paying more for the ticket.

If we were failing to sell out, I could understand why they would reduce prices but I don't see that reducing them would necessarily mean more bums on seats.

Would be better to reduce the price of the matchplay ticket. The sell the seat on the Ticket Exchange up to kick off at no more than £30 for an adult and £10 for kids. My lad is to young for midweek games and at £58 his seat didn't sell for the Derby never mind for Huddersfield Fa Cup replay. Both taken off sale the day before, with print at home or card activation they should be available for those that fancy going on the day.

I would of course prefer to see lower prices too but the problem is though, if people aren't attending after paying high prices for tickets, why would more of them attend after paying lower prices? It should theoretically be that people would be more likely to attend after paying more for the ticket.

If we were failing to sell out, I could understand why they would reduce prices but I don't see that reducing them would necessarily mean more bums on seats.
I've said this before where the season tickets should be cheaper with a three or four strike system, if your ticket isn't used more than three or four times in a season then you get declined the following season and it's released to the next person on the list and so on, if this happens you can re- join the list but then have to wait your turn. A bit ruthless i know but if everyone knows the rules and you haven't made sure your seat has been used then this is how you get penalised.

Eventually you'll have a core support that are willing to attend on a regular basis at an affordable price..........

I've said this before where the season tickets should be cheaper with a three or four strike system, if your ticket isn't used more than three or four times in a season then you get declined the following season and it's released to the next person on the list and so on, if this happens you can re- join the list but then have to wait your turn. A bit ruthless i know but if everyone knows the rules and you haven't made sure your seat has been used then this is how you get penalised.

Eventually you'll have a core support that are willing to attend on a regular basis at an affordable price..........

So when I can't make it to a few night games when I'm working away I get my ticket taken off me

Fucking hell lad, don't give up the day job.

The main issue for me is the blocks of tickets they allocate to the Academy or corportate, especially on Level 1

Really affects the atmosphere if there a blocks of seats not taken up, generates apathy from the rest of the crowd

So when I can't make it to a few night games when I'm working away I get my ticket taken off me

The main issue for me is the blocks of tickets they allocate to the Academy or corportate, especially on Level 1

Really affects the atmosphere if there a blocks of seats not taken up, generates apathy from the rest of the crowd
I think Danamy was saying you'd get a strike if you don't go, AND you don't list it on the exchange - so it's definitely empty, if you've listed it and no-one takes it, then you don't get a strike.

Well lets just hope the club doesnt follow your idea.

What is the point of having a season ticket if people have no intention of going to most of the games ? Should just buy tickets on a match day basis

I think Danamy was saying you'd get a strike if you don't go, AND you don't list it on the exchange - so it's definitely empty, if you've listed it and no-one takes it, then you don't get a strike.
I suggest you read Danamy's post again. He mentions nothing about what you've just said regarding the ticket exchange.

What is the point of having a season ticket if people have no intention of going to most of the games ? Should just buy tickets on a match day basis

My season tickets £380 i've had it for 10 years, i'll probably have it another 20

A derby ticket is £60

I miss a few games through work, but some people think taking season tickets off paying customers is a good idea

To me the issue is the empty seats on the first tier near the North Stand and they're mostly comps

Elsewhere there are seemingly blocks allocated to corporate/third parties that are always empty bar big games

It doesn't help with the tv companies changing kick off times and then trying to get cheap train tickets. Although the majority of city fans live in Manchester, you would be amazed at the amount of city fans who get off at Euston. For a 12: 30pm Sunday kick off I have to set off at 6:30am and dont get back until about 9pm. If I want to go to a midweek home game I have to take my lad out of school for 2 days.My season ticket for this season is still less per game each month,than going against a top 6 team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.