City cleared of any wrongdoing in Garre case - no transfer ban expected

if we get sanctions from this then someone has to be sacked surely. A transfer ban in middle of rebuilding is not good at all.

It's not going to happen, but if we did get a ban it really wouldn't be the end of days.

We already have an absolute bucketload of young talented players in the squad or on loan with Stones, Iheanacho, Sané, Sterling, Jesus, Roberts, Moreno, Garcia, Maffeo, Angelino, Tosin, Gunn.

KDB, Aguero, Gundogan, Otamendi, Bravo would all still be young enough to play at their best through a ban.

And we'd still get 1 transfer window to stock up on young players in other positions after appealing and replace the ageing fullbacks and beef up central midfield.

If you ask Barcelona fans, the consensus is that the transfer ban was not much of a problem at all.

So if we beat the rags and Barca to it, are they being investigated for trying to do what we accomplished ?

What made me laugh in that article is that it stated the player had a trial at United a couple of years ago so isn't that a breach of sorts? Yet all the ire seems to be directed at us! I'm not saying we definitely haven't done anything wrong but the comments from the club president saying he's never seen such an immoral act seem a little OTT.

What made me laugh in that article is that it stated the player had a trial at United a couple of years ago so isn't that a breach of sorts? Yet all the ire seems to be directed at us! I'm not saying we definitely haven't done anything wrong but the comments from the club president saying he's never seen such an immoral act seem a little OTT.
Some people less charitable than me might accuse him of being somewhat disingenuous, hard to believe I know

I'm still laughing at Mike Ingham's comment on Radio 5 last night where he said "Marcus Rashford - the hottest teenager in world football". They really do believe their own hyperbole.

I'm still laughing at Mike Ingham's comment on Radio 5 last night where he said "Marcus Rashford - the hottest teenager in world football". They really do believe their own hyperbole.

I think this post over on Ragcafe says everything you need to know:

Kelechi has played 1431 minutes for City, scoring 17 (actually 18 but one horrible mistake by the linesman) & assisting 8. Giving a goals/min ratio of 84 minutes per goal & a goals/assists per minute ratio of every 57 minutes.

As a comparison Rashford has 10 goals, 2 assists from 1917 minutes for United, giving him a goals/min ratio of 192 minutes per goal & goals/assists per minute ratio of every 160 minutes.

So on stats alone Iheanacho outscores Rashford at a 2:1 rate, and scores/assists at a rate of 2.8:1 compared to Rashford.

I think they're both fantastic young talents with big futures, but quite different in terms of style - I think it's fair to say Iheanacho is a more natural goalscorer with more end product as it stands, and Rashford is more of a dribbler & threat from other areas such as the wing.

Thanks for that Chippy_Boy - I was looking for that statistic the other day.
Obviously, Rashford is getting all the kudos because (a) he is English and (b) he plays for the greatest football club in the world.
The stats do not lie and prove that Iheanacho is a better goalscorer but the BBC choose to ignore the facts and continue to perpetuate the myth for the two reasons above.

If you look at Rashford from a neutral perspective then yes he is an exciting talent but I suspect that the weight of expectation on what he can achieve for the national team may be a stumbling block in his career at some point.

To be fair to the OP it has resurfaced today. The Daily Telegraph have a big (nearly said massive) article on this.
Perhaps the question should be asked is why is it being rehashed ? Why are we yet again being villified ? If we wait another 2 months will the same article but with a different spin, Mum says little boy was 'kidnapped' by nasty City.
"Kidnapped"is on the cue next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.