City Football Group (CFG) buy into Chinese club Sichuan Jiuniu FC (from Chengdu)

Confirmed we have purchased second division Athletico Torque of Uraguay and signed a partnership with Atletico Venezuela

CA Torque is really a minor club in Uruguay.. But interesting is that the guy in charge of the club will be Luis Bruno that was on the board of one of the two big clubs in Uruguay for several years.

Atletico Venezuela

f06255afe5ccf9d0c4ed8ef61c420af9.jpg

But also a tiny country so a very small pool of players and a very small pool of fans. Top league teams with Morecambe and Stanley crowds.

I've not read the whole thread, so I don't know if others have commented on this remark, but it gives us a base in South America and means we will be better positioned to monitor players from other countries down there.

I've not read the whole thread, so I don't know if others have commented on this remark, but it gives us a base in South America and means we will be better positioned to monitor players from other countries down there.

You can scout without buying a club, so that makes no sense.

The new clubs were supposedly in markets with growth potential, this one had its peak 70 years ago.

You can scout without buying a club, so that makes no sense.

The new clubs were supposedly in markets with growth potential, this one had its peak 70 years ago.

Growth potential is all about Asia.. This is about scouting and player ownership, and the size of CFG makes having a continental base almost inevitable I guess.

Totally underwhelmed by all this. Expand the "brand" all you want but lets have fucking decent defence at the Etihad please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.