City Football Group (CFG) buy into Chinese club Sichuan Jiuniu FC (from Chengdu)

Indeed. First World Cup winners, I think!

And the fourth one in 1950, too, which incidentally makes them as successful at the World Cup as Argentina.

It would be interesting to see how this would play out. They couldn't launch a new club, surely, as I can't see a new club in a country with a rich history of football being accepted. However, if CFG buy a team then they'd probably want to rename it, which...I can't imagine going down well. The other thing is that Uruguayan clubs are frequently multi-sport, and CFG have shown little interest so far in operating other sports teams outside of football.

What is happening with the Japanese team, you never hear anything about them, unlike Melbourne and New York ?

What is happening with the Japanese team, you never hear anything about them, unlike Melbourne and New York ?
We were sold a dud with Fukushima Rangers. They told us the nuclear disaster actually improved their squad as they all grew at least a foot. Sadly it was on their heads...

No idea when pal. Don't even know which team it is.

Source.....HP same as everyone else ;)

Without a source or rough time frame how can we believe this

Whilst I can see the logic to an extent its a rather underwhelming place to have a club I would have thought China would come first although that could just be commercial and football academies not actual clubs in terms of player development and a missing location for cfg Africa would also be good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.