City Football Group (CFG) buy into Chinese club Sichuan Jiuniu FC (from Chengdu)

Deportivo Maldonado, who seem to have been set up by their current owners as a sort of clearing house for young S.American talent to be sold on to European clubs.On the face of it it seems to be an attempt to get around third party ownership rules.

This article refers to Calleri who came on as a sub for West Ham today and is on loan from Maldonado.

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/curious-case-deportivo-maldonado/?refresh_ce-cp
Bloody hell the lads agent is head of the Argie Secret Service? And we thought Seluk could be trouble

What is happening with the Japanese team, you never hear anything about them, unlike Melbourne and New York ?

The Yokohama FM stuff are handled by CFG Japan, who got their offices in Tokyo under the leadership of Takao Toshishige.. So they are very much run as a separate unit

Without a source or rough time frame how can we believe this

Whilst I can see the logic to an extent its a rather underwhelming place to have a club I would have thought China would come first although that could just be commercial and football academies not actual clubs in terms of player development and a missing location for cfg Africa would also be good
Guess time will tell. No reason for OP to be a WUM.

Without a source or rough time frame how can we believe this

Whilst I can see the logic to an extent its a rather underwhelming place to have a club I would have thought China would come first although that could just be commercial and football academies not actual clubs in terms of player development and a missing location for cfg Africa would also be good
I'm not bothered if you believe me or not bud. Just posting what I've heard in good faith, so I'm not going to try to justify it.

If we can find the next Cavani, Suarez or Godin, I certainly won't be underwhelmed.

It may not make sense to you, it may not make sense to me, but rest assured that we aren't just randomly buying these clubs. This will be part of our long term strategic plans

I just wish they'd fill us in a bit more on long term strategic progress!

I remember Wenger saying we where after a club in South America

So could we see a situation where China creates players there are over billion people after all and Government support for sport and football is going to be massive they then sell the players to Uruguayan team who then loan them out perhaps to another CFG team perhaps not and then sell them to a club and make a massive profit at a reduced tax rate

Would Fifa come after us over this ?

I bet there are loads of good players but from a commercial point of view it seems a bit as i say underwhelming

I would love to know a bit about where all this is going etc

Last edited:
So could we see a situation where China creates players there are over billion people after all and Government support for sport and football is going to be massive they then sell the players to Uruguayan team who then loan them out perhaps to another CFG team perhaps not and then sell them to a club and make a massive profit at a reduced tax rate
Potentially, I'd say yes. Different cost centres would allow us to move players/money around with CFG being the holding company. However, as I've never worked in the finance sector, I don't know what legal implications we might face.

I'd hazard a guess the those corrupt cnuts at UEFA will try to do something to stop whatever we are trying to achieve long term. Which is potentially why we aren't releasing information on our long term plans. If UEFA don't know what we intend to do, they can't make up yet more bullshit rules to stop us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.