City EDS vs United U21s On TV Tonight

BIt surprised with the amount of love Denayer is getting, I thought it was one of his worse games. He covers ground very nicely and is very comfortable on the ball, but badly caught out of position far too often, he also gave it away in terrible areas a few times attempting unnecesarily difficult passes through the center. Bags of potential, but looks like he still has a lot of polishing up to do with the mental side of the game (where to be, when to not risk a pass etc)

Huws and Fofana in the middle were excellent and I thought the right hand side of our defence was very solid. More impressivethan any individual players though was the way we played as a team, very encouraging for the future if all our kids are going to grow up playing like that!

Player ratings/comments:

Lawlor (GK) - 9 - I thought he had an excellent game. Showed clean shot stopping ability, was good in the air to catch the high balls, his positioning was great and his composure under pressure with the ball at his feet was very good. Strong showing.

Leigh (LB) - 8 - I enjoyed his performance and his ability to whip a ball in. He made some mistakes in giving the ball away and he had a tough time once he started developing cramp but he looked good. Reminds me of Micah Richards in how he plays full of enthusiasm to get forward but sometimes forgets he's a defender. This might be an unfair criticism as I imagine our system is somewhat new to him. Nice movement for his headed goal.

Huws (DM) - 9 - My MOTM to be honest. Showed a very good passing range, offered the easy option a lot, dictated the tempo throughout, protected his centre backs and started many of our attacking movements. You can see why he made the first team, I even thought during the game that he might actually look a little above this level.

Selected reviews.

Just got back from the game. Played well, created some good chances. Our keeper though had to make 2 or 3 great saves.

Always nice to beat that shower at any level though.

enjoyed that, good win and a bit of a sing song

BfBFXqTIEAAdoeS.jpg

Is it just me or do you hate them that bit more with every passing year? I was desperately wishing for a win tonight. Seriously if we played them at Kerplunk I would want to batter them. By the way any coach who stands on the touch line in shorts is an absolute wanker of the first order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.