City fans and hypocrisy

With a banner in our honour at Old Trafford,constant singing about us,piss takes on radio phone-ins and that twat Terry Christian.I thought it was them that were obsessed with us!

It doesnt make it right but the rags are the worst for chanting about us and liverpool. Watched the first half yesterday of rags before going to game and ever song was about City. Plus there always singing about Foe, Michael Shields, Hillsborough. I bet not one of there fans complain about it

scottyboi said:
fucking hell going to the press what a load of shite. They will laugh at you victor meldrew now go get your hot water bottle and go back to sleep.
The press will fuckin love it especiallly the m.e.n or the daily mirror & the starter of this thread knows that.
"City fans and hypocrisy"that is attention seeking at it's worst,to lump everyone together like that sounds more like oliver holt last feb before the Memorial game at the swamp.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Citysmith said:
I've heard people all sorts around me, never was offended by anything I've ever heard at a football ground.

Heard people numerous times in pubs down the years sing no surrender, me being of Irish birth, but brought up in Manchester, never agreed with any of the sentiments, but are people not allowed to sing it if they want?

Complaining to the club, is what they are doing morally wrong, depends upon your opinion, but it isn't against the law, so legally what can the club to stop a small bunch of people airing a song.

Can you please explain why people are offended by the 'No Surrender' song?
I am not offended by it as such but i cant see the point of singing it at a Football
Match

Yeah totally agree. I used to post on mancityfans a few years back and was basically called a rag because I constantly complained about the words 'mune' and 'munich' being used. This was also the forum where people were allowed to be openly homophobic but any hint of racism was dealt with swiftly with a life ban.

The minutes silence issue could be rectified by installing speakers in the concourses. I'm sure people are not aware and if they want to miss the start to pour a last pint down their necks it's up to them. Of course if we were civilised we could have a pint at our seets but singing Munich songs, amongst other reasons, suggests otherwise.

GStar said:
I can sympathise with him on the M songs but it seems a whole lot of our fans views have changed with the influx of as yet, un-spent money.

It's no different to how it's always been IMO.

Those inbreds that find it big, tough and clever to sing through any minutes silence, particularly our own, deserve the wrath of all football fans. Absolute morons and the only people who want them in the ground are each other.

But the club chants have been around for 30+ years now and whatever your views on them are, they aint about to away. Personally i dont do the ****** songs but there are a fair number who will join in with them now and again, whenever the moment takes em.

If they offend you then i reckon you have to accept that its part of the experience now.

Hope 2009 won't be the year that football fans get sanitised. Legislate? Take the moral high ground? It's just rank bad taste but only for those who find it distasteful and have a different set of taste buds. It never ceases to amaze me that people come to a football match and leave offended and during the course of the two hours or so want people to behave in their own prescribed way. God save us from the political correctionists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.