City Fans In Glasgow

Went in a right weird bar near Parched, proper Republican one. Strange going up there for the first time and the differences from in Manchester. That said the Celtic fans were really friendly, in that said pub they were all mobbing us to have a chat. The way you're led to believe, it was a very good surprise.

Just seen this on Twitter blazingsquad?
8b8e2d23feebb3461d7248bba4c9aacd.jpg
c43c636434c922db11f95604c9017935.jpg

That was the crowd from United's FA Cup open top bus parade last season.

Hope all the Blues that came up to Glesga for the match enjoyed themselves. I've not heard of any trouble anyway. We're any of you up here for the 1st time btw ? Roll on with the double header v Barca,it's about time we gave them a doing. Great game,it was a bit weird for me cheering EVERY goal. My Mrs thinks I'm a fukn nutjob....so what.

Hope all the Blues that came up to Glesga for the match enjoyed themselves. I've not heard of any trouble anyway. We're any of you up here for the 1st time btw ? Roll on with the double header v Barca,it's about time we gave them a doing. Great game,it was a bit weird for me cheering EVERY goal. My Mrs thinks I'm a fukn nutjob....so what.
Yes was my first time in Glasgow, and in reference to another comment above the city did actually remind me very much like Manchester in terms of the way the locals were, many buildings, the vibe in general was like town.
Haven't heard of any hassle either. Was around shit loads of Celtic fans on many occasions and every one of them was either sound and cheerful or just going about their own business.

Was looking at their safe standing section with envious eyes... That is fucking awesome and we desperately need one.

Ha, interesting comments. Been to Edinburgh, not Glasgow. Always got the impression Glaswegians were similar to Mancs and probably the cities too - are they?
Been many times to both cities. Glasgow very much in your face, Edinburgh has a thin veneer of refinement and is more reserved. The "locals" in both places are easy to get on with, and I have had no problems being a sassenach!
As they say up there, there's more life in a Glaswegian funeral than there is in an Edinburgh wedding! I can believe it.

Had a few pints bought for me in The Real McCoy bar next to the stadium by their fans. Plenty of good natured banter. Atmosphere was great. They make some serious noise.

Been many times to both cities. Glasgow very much in your face, Edinburgh has a thin veneer of refinement and is more reserved. The "locals" in both places are easy to get on with, and I have had no problems being a sassenach!
As they say up there, there's more life in a Glaswegian funeral than there is in an Edinburgh wedding! I can believe it.
I live in Edinburgh and work in Glasgow. The difference is that the Weegies are very good at telling everyone how welcoming they are, hence your quote above. They are very similar to Scousers in this respect. They have a very similar culture, both port cities with a high proportion of the population of Irish decent. The Glasgow-Edinburgh divide is remarkably similar to the Liverpool-Manchester split.

In Edinburgh as long as you keep away from the New Town residents you will find the locals very friendly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.