City Fans In Glasgow

Go fuck yourself...who made you the flag police??
we will need em if you think that in rangers NI flag stuff is acceptable. many of thousands of us ( Billy Duffy Jonny Marr the bloody gallaghers and all my old school mates who are city included) do not have any so called Rangers NI red hand links. Keep it well out of Manchester - no need.

Lol, our club has nothing to do with Rangers. Don't know why some are so desperate for us to be linked with them.
Couldn't agree more. Pissed up Rangers fans wetting themselves in our town for their big day. I'm not going to be linked with that lot .. Ever!
We need to all make an effort and make sure this stuff does not escalate. I take my uncles from cork to city when we can harder now admittedly. I would hate to see them have to see that sort of rubbish when we go to a match. They don't come over waving a tricolour never dream of it .

I asked how to get to Celtic Park. 10 minutes later the Barmaid came back with a map, bus numbers, and a route in pen drawn along the map.
Like other's, Glaswegians and Celtic fans really friendly. Walked back into town through the pissing rain after the match without any trouble.

I live in Edinburgh and work in Glasgow. The difference is that the Weegies are very good at telling everyone how welcoming they are, hence your quote above. They are very similar to Scousers in this respect. They have a very similar culture, both port cities with a high proportion of the population of Irish decent. The Glasgow-Edinburgh divide is remarkably similar to the Liverpool-Manchester split.

In Edinburgh as long as you keep away from the New Town residents you will find the locals very friendly.

Can only echo about how friendly Glasgow was. Hope we are as welcoming when they come down to Manchester.

I'm off to Edinburgh in a couple of weeks. We're taking in a gig at Liquid Rooms one of the nights. Any tips of places to visit? I like old pubs with character, the hidden gem types.

Can only echo about how friendly Glasgow was. Hope we are as welcoming when they come down to Manchester.

I'm off to Edinburgh in a couple of weeks. We're taking in a gig at Liquid Rooms one of the nights. Any tips of places to visit? I like old pubs with character, the hidden gem types.
The last drop on the golden mile is a good pub you will find loads

Bow Bar.

Had a few pints bought for me in The Real McCoy bar next to the stadium by their fans. Plenty of good natured banter. Atmosphere was great. They make some serious noise.
Me and my mate met up with a Celtic fan i know in The Real McCoy before and after the game,great atmosphere no hint of any trouble all day and night.The Celtic lad i know was with his old fella and uncle and they would'nt let us buy a round of beer all night!Who says the Scots are tight barstewards haha..All in all was a brilliant day and night out(apart from the queuing fiasco for the tickets in the afternoon).

The Blue Blazer near the Grass Market, The Oxford Bar on Young St

I dont know why anyone expected anything other than a good welcome and a good time Scotland is a brilliant place and the jocks are a great lot, the only place that can beat it for hospitality and welcoming people is Northern Ireland , which for obvious historical reasons came as a surprise to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.