City Fans In Glasgow

Can only echo about how friendly Glasgow was. Hope we are as welcoming when they come down to Manchester.

I'm off to Edinburgh in a couple of weeks. We're taking in a gig at Liquid Rooms one of the nights. Any tips of places to visit? I like old pubs with character, the hidden gem types.

what gig are you going to?

Augustines on the Tuesday.
The Grassmarket is all you'll need really if ou want to stay close to the gig venue.Plus, it has the pubic triangle at the top near Lothian Rd ;)
Other than that , Leith is a good option .
Caveat. I haven't been for 18 months now so this could be useless info.

The Grassmarket is all you'll need really if ou want to stay close to the gig venue.Plus, it has the pubic triangle at the top near Lothian Rd ;)
Other than that , Leith is a good option .
Caveat. I haven't been for 18 months now so this could be useless info.
there is a brilliant Brewdog pub within a short stroll from venue

Cheers guys, thanks for the suggestions. Getting into my ales at the moment, not had a lager for some time so may just try that Brewdog.
I used to work in Leith a few days a week, bit out of the centre of I remember right.

Cheers guys, thanks for the suggestions. Getting into my ales at the moment, not had a lager for some time so may just try that Brewdog.
I used to work in Leith a few days a week, bit out of the centre of I remember right.

Leith is pretty far away , depends where you are staying
if your into ales then the Bow Bar and Bewdog are deffo your best bet, drink in the Liquid Rooms is dire

Leith is pretty far away , depends where you are staying
if your into ales then the Bow Bar and Bewdog are deffo your best bet, drink in the Liquid Rooms is dire

Loved Bow Bar mate. As a bonus the band I went to watch came in for a beer after the gig so had a chat. Love Edinburgh, cant wait to go back. Weather was amazing, in tee shirt on top of Arthur's seat in October!

Loved Bow Bar mate. As a bonus the band I went to watch came in for a beer after the gig so had a chat. Love Edinburgh, cant wait to go back. Weather was amazing, in tee shirt on top of Arthur's seat in October!

glad to help ... give me a shout next time your up
had a few pints with Billy Bragg in there ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.