City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

It is a tough one to sort this as some of our fans want everything for nothing and I get the whole argument of prices should have been held etc. maybe though there is a reason to help with transfers possibly? Rumors of up to £300m war chest if required this summer and if players like Sanchez, walker, Alex Sandro and kimmich arrived with maybe 2-3 world class players then the rise would be seen as insignificant?
Don't talk crap. At most the price rise will bring in £500k next season but it won't even be that as I know many are coming out of cup schemes and ditching platinum. It could quite conceivably end up reducing our ticket revenue stream on a like-for-like basis. In the meantime, what will be paying for transfers is the near £50m additional money from domestic TV this season and the next two, as well as the £5m a season from Nexen Tire as our new shirt-sleeved sponsor plus other commercial partnerships.

Maybe making it mandortory if you can't attend?

If you don't attend and you don't add it then you eventually get it taken off you.

If you do put it on and it doesn't sell then no punishment.

What about someone who is either taken ill on the day of the match or has a family emergency? Making attending/using your ticket for a football match is rather Orwellian don't you think?

What about someone who is either taken ill on the day of the match or has a family emergency? Making attending/using your ticket for a football match is rather Orwellian don't you think?

Well all you have to do is phone up and put your ticket as a re-sell. We could also say that you get 3 chances throughout the season for special circumstances.

It's not a case of getting punished for not attending, it's being punished for not attending and not adding your ticket to the exchange system.

You have to apply common sense and if someone gets seriously ill or has an accident then obviously the club can deal with that on a case by case basis.

A lot of work (and potential ballache) for the club for no real benefit.

People should be encouraged to list tickets if they're not going to use it (as they are).

And I'd like to see something where certain registered categories of supporters get last minute tickets free or heavily discounted if they're not sold on an exchange.

But no reasonable business punishes people for buying their product.

Well all you have to do is phone up and put your ticket as a re-sell. We could also say that you get 3 chances throughout the season for special circumstances.

It's not a case of getting punished for not attending, it's being punished for not attending and not adding your ticket to the exchange system.

You have to apply common sense and if someone gets seriously ill or has an accident then obviously the club can deal with that on a case by case basis.

If someone is seriously ill do you really think that they are going to be thinking oh I must ring City about my card? Common sense would actually be to accept that there will be empty seats now & again & not to get your knickers in a twist because some journalist/rag etc., happens to go on about it! Watch the football for goodness sake & stop worrying about a seat being empty.

It is a tough one to sort this as some of our fans want everything for nothing and I get the whole argument of prices should have been held etc. maybe though there is a reason to help with transfers possibly? Rumors of up to £300m war chest if required this summer and if players like Sanchez, walker, Alex Sandro and kimmich arrived with maybe 2-3 world class players then the rise would be seen as insignificant?
The price rise is a drop in the Ocean to the club .sponsership & television rights drawf the rise in ticket prices .to leson the gulf between the club and the fans and help increase passion & atmosphere i would have gone the other way .reduce season tickets by 10% all night games match tickets £20-£30 all kids up to 16 £5 any game .16- 21£15 any game .no match day ticket more then £40 .i would scrap the membership card .by doing this the club would be sending a message that the club cares for the fans .it would get more bums on seats and hopefully more of the younger generation would come to the games .the alternatve is more empty seats less passion and poor atmosphere

If someone is seriously ill do you really think that they are going to be thinking oh I must ring City about my card? Common sense would actually be to accept that there will be empty seats now & again & not to get your knickers in a twist because some journalist/rag etc., happens to go on about it! Watch the football for goodness sake & stop worrying about a seat being empty.

I really don't care I just offered an idea to those that do.

My idea would mean that people with unusual circumstances, such as serious illness, wouldn't receive the punishment.

Well apart from reintroducing value gold next season, and setting up the ticket exchange instead of viagogo this season, no new ideas , how else can they make it easier for s / c holders not going to games to resell the seat apart from punishing them if they don't put them on resale, which would be very unpopular ?

Value Good has been reintroduced to plug the gaps and to fill the empty seats. The club know which seats remain empty, so they will fill them. It's pot luck for those wanting those limited empty seats. The unlucky one's will get a front row seat in the lower tier. Other's will end up at the back of the 3rd tier, etc. Don't forget, Value Gold was dropped and replaced by the limited £299 season tickets in SS3. So no, not a new idea, just replacing like for like, and filling limited empty seats around the stadium, which at least is a start.

Ticket exchange. I stand corrected on this as I've never used it. All the seats against Leicester City were £58. Is that the ticket exchange price? Lol! And then does't the fan only get a 19th(roughly 20%) of that £58, which then goes towards next season's season ticket? So not only do the club get the original season ticket money, the club also get's £46.40 if by some miracle that £58 ticket exchange ticket re-sells. If that wasn't the ticket exchange price, I stand corrected.

So. The Gold Value card has been brought back to sell empty seats. And the ticket exchange is very much loaded in favour of the club, when tickets could be cheaper, and more of the resale price could go back to the fan.

Those aside. We've come up with 100's of suggestions and ideas on here to increase ticket sales and to fill the empty seats. And what we've ended up with was a season ticket price rise for a large %age of the fans. While at the same time a smaller %age of the fans were spared a season ticket increase. Divide and conquer!!

The club, the directors, the managers had months during this season to come up with new ideas and incentives to keep fans coming back and to fill the empty seats next season. All they could come up with was a limited season ticket price freez and value gold. Great! We don't even know the cost of matchday ticket prices for next season yet. Get ready for a shock?

As fans we really are wasting our time pleading and begging the club to do what we want them to do. Or to at least listen and to take our views and wishes seriously. There is a long-term financial plan. And nothing, not even the fans is going to stop that financial train. Only when that financial train hits the buffers with fans dropping the cup schemes, dropping platinum for gold, and more and more empty seats appearing, will Khaldoon, Soriano, the other directors, and the pyramid of managers at City take notice.

Last edited:
I loved the idea behind the ticket exchange but it just hasnt worked for me because Ive got an undesirable seat (i think)

One thing that did wind me up though, I was on holiday for the Everton game and about 2 hours before kick off city tweeted that the game had sold out, brilliant my ticket must have sold, then about 20 minutes before kick off they emailed me saying it had failed to sell, why declare it a sell out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.