City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Poss my bad Marvin,but I seem to recall something very similar being mentioned in a past thread.

Perhaps someone can help.

Happy to be corrected,however there are a lot of City fans from that era who are still fans but no longer go.
I am sure there are a number yes who for one reason or another have stopped going over the years. And City could contact them. I don't know if we do stuff like that. Perhaps its awkward as quite a few will have moved over the years.

I don't believe the waiting list argument. Ground needs to be full, but it's easy to ensure that. Just price the season tickets and match day tickets correctly and its a formality for any club challenging for the title. We averaged 54,018 in the league last season.

Poss my bad Marvin,but I seem to recall something very similar being mentioned in a past thread.

Perhaps someone can help.

Happy to be corrected,however there are a lot of City fans from that era who are still fans but no longer go.

The grim reaper, illness and the financial penury of retirement have seen a lot of true blue`s give up going to the game.

as much as I would love £299 seats ( I pay £530 ) the problem is thats probebly the seats that are empty, if your seats are dirt cheap you think o well I've only lost £15 as aposed to say £30 in the full price seat, having a stand full of £299 seats would be wrong for these reasons, don't know if I have it right just how I see it, maybe the answer is what they do in Germany fine you after so many games missed in the cheap seats.
One thing for sure is the people missing games ( multiple ) are not hard core long standing fans, there the fans we need back.

as much as I would love £299 seats ( I pay £530 ) the problem is thats probebly the seats that are empty, if your seats are dirt cheap you think o well I've only lost £15 as aposed to say £30 in the full price seat, having a stand full of £299 seats would be wrong for these reasons, don't know if I have it right just how I see it, maybe the answer is what they do in Germany fine you after so many games missed in the cheap seats.
One thing for sure is the people missing games ( multiple ) are not hard core long standing fans, there the fans we need back.
With that theory, putting the ticket prices up would mean less empty seats. The main problem has got to be pricing. For myself and many others match day is a rare treat. I still go but not every game like I used to, I simply cannot afford to. The season ticket holders I used to sit with have also been priced out. My seat is probably occupied by a foreign tourist that has saved up for months to visit England and planned to see a City game whilst here for a one off experience.
I think if there was more reasonably priced season tickets available, fans would snap them up. Then if they start missing lots of game, as you said, they lose it.

You mentioned Germany but aren't all the tickets for games over there a fraction of the cost to ours?

With that theory, putting the ticket prices up would mean less empty seats. The main problem has got to be pricing. For myself and many others match day is a rare treat. I still go but not every game like I used to, I simply cannot afford to. The season ticket holders I used to sit with have also been priced out. My seat is probably occupied by a foreign tourist that has saved up for months to visit England and planned to see a City game whilst here for a one off experience.
I think if there was more reasonably priced season tickets available, fans would snap them up. Then if they start missing lots of game, as you said, they lose it.

You mentioned Germany but aren't all the tickets for games over there a fraction of the cost to ours?

If price is the issue how do you explain the last 2 home games. Prices were slashed for the West Brom game and there were just as many empty seats as for the Leicester game and previous games with no reductions.

But clearly not true. Joes, 93:20 along with the family stand the parts of the ground which have the most empty seats.

Two areas are the most expensive and the other is due to having kids in tow which is understandable at night matches.

Can you name me examples of German clubs who do this?? Bayern were considering but not heard if it went ahead or of any other clubs.

In parts of the ground they offer cheap standing areas and they are always packed.

The biggest issue with the ground being full is the disparity between season ticket prices and regular match tickets and there availability.

Personally I would much prefer to pop on the website and order tickets for the games I can attend but when you see matches at £58 for Leicester you can just afford 5 games for the price of a season ticket. Similarly away tickets are given preference to season ticket holders and opportunities for double loyalty points.

Last edited:
I don't mind the early leavers but I can't stand the none attenders.. not sure why the club hasn't put something in place.
I'm in 110 at 750 and my son at 400 but I could sit both of us in the family stand for around 550..
My gripe is fans who buy the 299 or or slightly dearer seats and attend 10 games apposed to buying 10 tickets at 56 quid for the big games leaving half the games with an empty seat.
I think points should only be added on the games the card is used and not added to a total season card.
Also my pal never does cup games bar the final cos he's got 20k pts and can always get big game tickets !! Ok he's attended with me on a season card since 81 but imo my other pal who is on the waiting list buys every game and every cup game possible yet come the final it's cup scheme and high pts so he has to scrounge around for tickets..
City need to change the system..so members can join the cup scheme when season ticket holders decline.. the ground will be full every week v utd or Fulham in the cup

I don't mind the early leavers but I can't stand the none attenders.. not sure why the club hasn't put something in place.
I'm in 110 at 750 and my son at 400 but I could sit both of us in the family stand for around 550..
My gripe is fans who buy the 299 or or slightly dearer seats and attend 10 games apposed to buying 10 tickets at 56 quid for the big games leaving half the games with an empty seat.
I think points should only be added on the games the card is used and not added to a total season card.
Also my pal never does cup games bar the final cos he's got 20k pts and can always get big game tickets !! Ok he's attended with me on a season card since 81 but imo my other pal who is on the waiting list buys every game and every cup game possible yet come the final it's cup scheme and high pts so he has to scrounge around for tickets..
City need to change the system..so members can join the cup scheme when season ticket holders decline.. the ground will be full every week v utd or Fulham in the cup

We see what happens when season ticket holders dont turn up crowds fall away and your kidding yourself if allowing members on the cup scheme would make such a huge difference. If buying on the net or over the phone is such a huge disincentive to attending that they decide not to bother I hardly think being on the cup scheme will fire their enthusiasm. However, I do agree there is no reason why they should not be allowed to join.

As for not being able to stand non-attendees I think you need to realise peoples circumstances are different and focus your dislike on something more worthwhile. Age, Mobility, location, transport, work commitments all impact on peoples ability to attend.

Out of interest do you know of one fan who attends just 10 games and knowingly buys a season ticket with this intention?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.