City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I'm talking about season tickets, not single "rip off" match day tickets (average £50 = £900 over a season). If I lived over 40 miles away I wouldn't bother because I know it would be very hard work to attend. There will be the odd super fan that will do regular 300 mile trips, but for everyone of them there's 10 that don't turn up. It's a problem and denial doesn't fix it.

Not looking to pick a argument but can you tell me where you get your numbers from... 9 out of 10 don't turn up.. the 15 or so out of towner I know turned up to every weekend game and a fair few mid week c/l games... I'm talking 15 ppl I know personally and there seems to be a fair few on here.. I'm talking from Edinburgh to Exeter and a few hovels in-between.. I live in Hyde but work away a lot and theses guys turn up more then me...

Not looking to pick a argument but can you tell me where you get your numbers from... 9 out of 10 don't turn up.. the 15 or so out of towner I know turned up to every weekend game and a fair few mid week c/l games... I'm talking 15 ppl I know personally and there seems to be a fair few on here.. I'm talking from Edinburgh to Exeter and a few hovels in-between.. I live in Hyde but work away a lot and theses guys turn up more then me...
We don't really know who the no shows are it might be as you say, not those that travel from miles away at all... it does seem logical though that they'd be more likely to miss games. It doesn't really matter who's at fault, what matters is the club finds a solution and as long as these blue can still attend the games they want to go to what's the fuss about?

Last edited:
The long distance City seasoncard holders not turning up can be fixed with the Ticket Exchange system. I think maybe City should report on its efficiency (how many tickets were sold through it) etc so that seasoncard holders who don't turn up use it.

I don't think the numbers of non-attending seasoncard holders are that big. A bigger issue might be low crowds for Cup games next season. I read a lot of posts from renewing City fans responding to the price increase by scrapping their Cup scheme membership

City need to (if they don't anyway) automatically give a credit for tickets put back on sale by season cards holders if made available within say 7 days of the match to try and encourage fans even if they don't sell.

This thread is mainly about the Club should do more of this and that. If people buy season cards and know they can't get to a significant number of games then fair enough, the Club rules allow this- but please don't expect the Club to invent extra systems and processes to ensure that you get you money back for a Tuesday night against Weet Brom, when your ticket has effectively been discounted against Man U. The Ticket Exchange is enough help thank you.

I welcome fans coming from all over to support the Mighty Blues. You are at least as passionate as Blues who live closer to the ground. There is always a way of getting tickets for home games wherever people travel from. A positive step would be to reduce the differential between match day and season card prices, as several posters have mentioned.

I live just out of London and don't have a season ticket. Cost me £53 with discount for the derby and the Leicester game (last game of the season & a possible PL winning game). Just think the costs of these one off tickets is shocking. Most annoying when the away fans paod just £30, a reasonable amount.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.