City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I live just out of London and don't have a season ticket. Cost me £53 with discount for the derby and the Leicester game (last game of the season & a possible PL winning game). Just think the costs of these one off tickets is shocking. Most annoying when the away fans paod just £30, a reasonable amount.
You are spot on it makes no sense

Perhaps the club should do a Bayern and take the season ticket away the following season if they miss say more than 8 games. That way if the holder doesn't want or cant go for personal reasons it'll motivate him/her to give it to a friend. Not sure what we can do about the thousands of early leavers. Its not the entertainment value thats for sure, people still leave when the game is still in the balance. Psychologically getting home sooner is worth more to them than any excitement.

This Afternoon.

Either we've got a big season ticket waiting list or we haven't?

Strange that we're 'asking fans' to join the season ticket waiting list.

Picture taken in the Greengate area of the city centre.

20170604_150702.jpg

I thought long and hard about this. This solution is obvious. At the 90 minute mark the stewards should come round and hand out envelopes to every City fan still in a seat. The envelopes would include random prizes, ranging from a £5 note, to a voucher for a free season ticket.

Punitive solutions will not work. You cannot blackmail people into staying, indeed that borders on false imprisonment.

This Afternoon.

Either we've got a big season ticket waiting list or we haven't?

Strange that we're 'asking fans' to join the season ticket waiting list.

Picture taken in the Greengate area of the city centre.

20170604_150702.jpg
Always need more.... they will be next seasons "you are number 12,753 in the queue" ;)

Always need more.... they will be next seasons "you are number 12,753 in the queue" ;)

The Club won't extend the North Stand until the waiting list increases so this Marketing also makes sense to me. We need to be attracting people who have moved to the City as well as retaining our core fan base so the advert can't do any harm IMHO.

Not looking to pick a argument but can you tell me where you get your numbers from... 9 out of 10 don't turn up.. the 15 or so out of towner I know turned up to every weekend game and a fair few mid week c/l games... I'm talking 15 ppl I know personally and there seems to be a fair few on here.. I'm talking from Edinburgh to Exeter and a few hovels in-between.. I live in Hyde but work away a lot and theses guys turn up more then me...

I agree - Very few of the out of towners i know hardly miss a game, be it weekend or mid week. You would be surprised just how many city season ticket holders (dating back to maine rd) live 40 miles or more away from manc.

I agree - Very few of the out of towners i know hardly miss a game, be it weekend or mid week. You would be surprised just how many city season ticket holders (dating back to maine rd) live 40 miles or more away from manc.

The last survey of season ticket holders highlighted 68.3 percent were from Greater Manchester with the other 31.7 percent from other areas of the Uk with notable concentrations around Leeds, Edinburgh and of course London.

There is nowhere near enough local fans, are fans who wish to attend, to replace the 13/14k plus from outside Manchester.

This is highlighted at Cup games and even Champs lge nights, where arguably non-local fans are less likely to purchase, where even at slashed prices the matches usually do not sell out.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.