City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Why am I a knob ? I learnt my lesson in 99 leaving wembley early (thankfully I got back in) but after that day vowed I would never leave a game early again , look at how many fans left early against qpr , why would you spend £25 + on a ticket and leave early ? I know its not a comparision but would you leave a gig , film , theatre with 20 odd minutes till the end ?

I coming in on this one late so i apologise if repeat anything, However i am of a generation of Dickov at Wembley and who can forget Aguero (93:20) so i never leave early. I have two thoughts on the subject and not sure if people agree but could be something for the club to look into.

Firstly i have sat in the East Stand and moved to the South Stand to join the 'Singing Section' I dont recall in the two seasons since i moved any city player come directly over to the fans, Maybe a keeper if we have been defending that half, But away teams make a point of going over. I know they do this center circle stuff now but look at Germany, Renowned for its atmosphere the team/coaching staff get in line in front of the goals facing the faithful and make a point of doing a ritual.

Secondly the transport is a night mare but this should be this way, Buses should be parked on either side (Towards Ashton/Manchester) in rows of 8,9,10 ready after a game and run non stop to the end, Similar with the trams have two sets of double carriages on platform for the end of the game. They have a siding next to asda where then can store them or store singe carriages to catch up the schedule and get people home quick. I know people that leave just before because there is a tram 5-10 minutes before the end, Who thinks of this scheduling. Dont have roads blocked around the stadium and allow traffic to fill them up. Block them further out as there are plenty of ways to go to/from Manchester and away from the City without using Alan Turing way and Ashton new road.

I appreciate there are many logistic behind this but they do it for away coaches to get back to Mancunian way, I am just sick of City Fans getting stick that were not this or we are not that

Why am I a knob ? I learnt my lesson in 99 leaving wembley early (thankfully I got back in) but after that day vowed I would never leave a game early again , look at how many fans left early against qpr , why would you spend £25 + on a ticket and leave early ? I know its not a comparision but would you leave a gig , film , theatre with 20 odd minutes till the end ?
Might do if I have a good idea of the ending

The last survey of season ticket holders highlighted 68.3 percent were from Greater Manchester with the other 31.7 percent from other areas of the Uk with notable concentrations around Leeds, Edinburgh and of course London.

There is nowhere near enough local fans, are fans who wish to attend, to replace the 13/14k plus from outside Manchester.

This is highlighted at Cup games and even Champs lge nights, where arguably non-local fans are less likely to purchase, where even at slashed prices the matches usually do not sell out.

A lot of the fans from further afield still turn up mate. Not as many forna weekend came of course.

A lot of the fans from further afield still turn up mate. Not as many forna weekend came of course.

No you are quite right they do Tim but naturally less, as in addition to the cost of tickets there is also using up holidays has to be factored in.

For home games in the lge where 42-45k tickets are already sold to season ticket holders and corporates shifting the other 9k is just about achieveable.

For a night match, in the cup and where out of town fans, and more local season ticket holders do not purchase, we do not have enough local fans in adiution to our regular fanbase to pick up the slack to sell out. Still I think 42k tonight and the Burnley crowd is pretty good going.

No you are quite right they do Tim but naturally less, as in addition to the cost of tickets there is also using up holidays has to be factored in.

For home games in the lge where 42-45k tickets are already sold to season ticket holders and corporates shifting the other 9k is just about achieveable.

For a night match, in the cup and where out of town fans, and more local season ticket holders do not purchase, we do not have enough local fans in adiution to our regular fanbase to pick up the slack to sell out. Still I think 42k tonight and the Burnley crowd is pretty good going.
I don’t think it’s that bad at all. Over 35000 sold to our own fans compared to 29000 that Everton managed to sell to their own fans in the same fixture two years ago against us when they didn’t sell out.

I agree mate. Close to 100k in 3 day s is a decent turn out. We will continue to grow and attendances will be helped in years to come by all the extra houses being built in the area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.