City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

First tram into Manchester was 15 minutes after the final whistle after the Newcastle game. Its about time the Club called out the Metro link people to ask the question ??

Then we are rammed in like sheep, Its a disgrace and must be a safety hazard. Im convinced It is operated by a Red - You have a major event going on and you don't plan enough
trams to get customers away in time and safe. Would be interested to know if the tram service is as bad at Old Trafford after a game, I doubt it very much.

That’s not an uncommon view I go to the games with my sister and two of my Nephews who are season ticket holders. They now have given up on midweek league games and put them up on the official seat exchange thing. They gave up on cup games 3 or 4 years ago as well and the main reason a the hassle of traffic and getting back late. For an 8pm game I can make a bus which leaves at 10.30 and takes just over an hour or wait until the next and final train which leaves at 11.25 and I don’t get in until midnight, how long before I join them?.

I didn’t miss a home league or cup game in every competition for 7 seasons, I balked at the price of the PSG CL tickets and I’ve only been to one cup game since which was the Burnley game a few weeks back, if you’d have suggested I’d do this 2 or 3 years ago I would have thought you were crackers, I’m pretty sure there are many who feel the same despite the success we are having.

Me too. I had no choice but to buy the PSG ticket but the price really pissed me off. So much so I didn’t join the CL cup scheme for the first time the season after. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one.

The transport issue is a huge issue and if the club don’t do something to address it there will be more empty seats/early leavers. It’s getting worse.

First tram into Manchester was 15 minutes after the final whistle after the Newcastle game. Its about time the Club called out the Metro link people to ask the question ??

Then we are rammed in like sheep, Its a disgrace and must be a safety hazard. Im convinced It is operated by a Red - You have a major event going on and you don't plan enough
trams to get customers away in time and safe. Would be interested to know if the tram service is as bad at Old Trafford after a game, I doubt it very much.
In theory the tram should be ideal for getting fans away en masse, in reality it's completely hideous.

I always stay until the end, but I get on a coach that picks us up outside the stadium and I’m always back home within an hour of the final whistle.

However, whenever I get the tram or (god forbid) have parked at the ground it can take an eternity to get away from the stadium, so don’t blame those who leave early, particularly for later kick offs (especially if you have kids with you). Also, if you’ve bought a ticket then it’s no one else’s business when you decide to leave. Never really understood why people get worked up about it.

The more I read that people who buy tickets have the right to not show or leave early confirms that in this PC era we are no longer fans but merely customers.

leaving early has always happened my dad and uncle always went on 85 mins at maine road and there were plenty walking away with us perhaps just not as noticeable with standing

leaving early has always happened my dad and uncle always went on 85 mins at maine road and there were plenty walking away with us perhaps just not as noticeable with standing

Absolutely spot on. Also games were rarely televised for others to comment.

Supporters have always left early to beat the traffic.
Me and my mate always reminisce about the days when he and his dad used to leave Stalybridge Celtic early in the 70s, to beat the traffic!!!!!!

That's what's happens when clubs become businesses. There is a disconnect.

We were treated worse with Swales and Lee mate. The transport needs improving but that’s not answer to the middle classes who buy £299 season cards and turn up half a dozen times a season. There is also hoarding of Family Stand Tickets with the Derby always full.

I don’t care about the empty seats any more and some fans need to leave early. That said, I would prefer it if we had crowds of 30k who got behind the team.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.