City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Bang on the money mate,its a nightmare getting back to ashton and its seriously dangerous the overcrowding,its even worse for me cos i have my 10 year old with me every game.And like you say,its a joke seeing a tram come in but go right past us ,only to turn around at asda to come back the other way,

I used the tram the other night and I'm glad I didn't have to look after a kid, ridiculous crushing trying to get on at the stadium.

I was considering getting the tram after the game on Saturday but saw the queue and walked to central Park to pick it up there instead.

There were no blues on the tram i caught just a couple getting on with me so it was quicker to walk there than go from the ground....it's really not good enough.

I used the tram the other night and I'm glad I didn't have to look after a kid, ridiculous crushing trying to get on at the stadium.
Its been like that as long as i can remember,god knows how there hasn't been a serious accident,for me,the only alternative is the 216 bus,its painful coming back to ashton on that,and I gave up a few years ago when City or the Police or whoever started allowing all the City supporters clubs buses that come from all over Manchester to park and wait for their respective customers to come out of the ground and reboard their buses where the 216 used to stop.

Last edited:
Well that could be rectified by only allowing 100 people on the platform at any time. The problem is that it would then take longer to fill a tram so the queueing time would almost certainly increase but it would be safer. There's no way to disperse 50,000+ people quickly after any event so there will always be a finite waiting time, whether for the trams, buses or getting out of the car parks. It's certainly not exclusive to the Etihad, I've been to swamp derbies by car, coach, tram and train over the years and if you stay to the end it takes an age to get away from there too. There are no easy solutions.

Well that could be rectified by only allowing 100 people on the platform at any time. The problem is that it would then take longer to fill a tram so the queueing time would almost certainly increase but it would be safer. There's no way to disperse 50,000+ people quickly after any event so there will always be a finite waiting time, whether for the trams, buses or getting out of the car parks. It's certainly not exclusive to the Etihad, I've been to swamp derbies by car, coach, tram and train over the years and if you stay to the end it takes an age to get away from there too. There are no easy solutions.

For those that are able, walking from, and back to, the city centre is the easiest solution I can think of.

Anybody who has the time, go and talk about the Sorry state of the trams on match days with TFGM. They’ve just tweeted...

Want to bend the ear of the boss? On Thursday January 25th, Senior Managers from TfGM and KeolisAmey Metrolink, will be at Altrincham between 8:30am - 10:30am to answer your questions. #MeetTheManager

Every seat in CBL3 was blanked out as being unavailable. I looked three times in the week and there were singles the first two times but the last time I looked it was showing a 'sell out'!
I didn't doubt you for 1 minute mate, just saying mine didn't sell and must be a problem with site not showing it.

Anybody who has the time, go and talk about the Sorry state of the trams on match days with TFGM. They’ve just tweeted...

Want to bend the ear of the boss? On Thursday January 25th, Senior Managers from TfGM and KeolisAmey Metrolink, will be at Altrincham between 8:30am - 10:30am to answer your questions. #MeetTheManager

Does it mention the location or are they just milling around the bus station?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.