City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

5 loyalty points per game for every season ticket holder attending a home match. 50 extra loyalty points for attending every home match. A small incentive that might get a few more bums on seats?

You just don't get it do you?
People have many and varied reasons for not attending or leaving early - all which are unbeknown to you and people like you.
It is none of your business that a lot of people don't put a football match as top priority and organise their life around it
obviously as you do.
I guess we all have to just accept that you really are a 'Super City Fan' and the biggest blue on this forum.
Well done. You should be proud of yourself.
You just don't get it do you?
People have many and varied reasons for not attending or leaving early - all which are unbeknown to you and people like you.
It is none of your business that a lot of people don't put a football match as top priority and organise their life around it
obviously as you do.
I guess we all have to just accept that you really are a 'Super City Fan' and the biggest blue on this forum.
Well done. You should be proud of yourself.
Dear me, you are a bit precious, let's put it this way, out of the thousands that leave early you and Blue Anorak and the like have genuine reasons to go early .if you are telling me others that leave early because they have to take their partners out, then it's a feeble excuse . You are an apologist without knowing why others leave early and if anyone questions your argument you quote a personal polemic. Like many others on here I have suffered personal heartbreak, let's just say you are blessed with a daughter.

I'm lucky, live reasonably close to the ground, 20 mins on non-matchdays by car, I can count on one hand the games I've left early in nearly 50 years.

Doubt I'd be off if I lived further away but never had that to worry about. What I can say is especially for midweek games if he's not working on match day my lad will drive 3 1/2 hours plus each way and be in work in the following morning.

People however do have reasons for legging it but not the numbers that clear off. You only have to look at around half time, loads miss 5/10 mins either side for a beer. Now I Ike a beer more than most & had 6/7 pre-game (not driving obviously) but missing upto a quarter of the match for a beer then off before the end as well......

Each to their own I suppose.

I'd blame the club for fans missing chunks of the game through queuing for a pint. I don't know what it's like in other areas of the ground but in SS1, it's sometimes nigh on impossible to stay in your seat until HT, get served, drink your pint, and get back to your seat in time for the second half to start. In fact, you can spend all HT in the queue and on more than one occasion this season I've had to leg it back to my seat for the start of the second half without even getting to the front of the queue. It's fucking shit and it needs sorting. Of all the grounds I watch City on, ours is the worst and slowest for getting served.

It's obviously bullshit that so many people 'have' to leave early.

Obviously. There is not some affliction which only City fans get, where they have so many more fans with dependants, than there are at other clubs, nor are their lives more important that they have to be home earlier, nor do more of them work funny hours, or more have kids who have to be in bed. And nor is it any more difficult to get home from City than any major football ground.

It's all bullshit.

There are a number of fans, who have to leave, then there are a shitload more who see a few moving & think 'I'll fuck off now before the rest go' because they want to, not because they have to.

That is their right, of course & nobody has any right to stop them.

I really don't like it & think it's bad for the club, & they could make an effort to support the team at the end, & I'm sure the players would prefer it. And that's my right, to have that opinion of them.

And while we are at it, those who do stay 90 mins could give it another 5 & actually applaud the team off, like I do, as the majority push past me. It makes no difference to the journey afterwards, it doesn't take long.

As for the empty seats, it's time the club put a stop to it. Some empties will be unavoidable, but some will be bought/ owned by touts/travel companies for a start. Some by fans who hardly ever attend. Others by fans who haven't bothered to make their seat available. Time the club did a proper survey.

The seat next to me, which is no longer a season ticket, & therefore available, is filled almost every game. When I am working away, I give my mate my ticket or put it on ticket exchange & it is usually taken up on ticket exchange. yet sometimes there are still empties near me, where most likely people haven't bothered making the ticket available,, as there is a demand for seats there most games.

I'd blame the club for fans missing chunks of the game through queuing for a pint. I don't know what it's like in other areas of the ground but in SS1, it's sometimes nigh on impossible to stay in your seat until HT, get served, drink your pint, and get back to your seat in time for the second half to start. In fact, you can spend all HT in the queue and on more than one occasion this season I've had to leg it back to my seat for the start of the second half without even getting to the front of the queue. It's fucking shit and it needs sorting. Of all the grounds I watch City on, ours is the worst and slowest for getting served.

My simple solution to that is not to bother drinking at half time.

Is there any 50,000+ capacity stadium in this country that doesn't have severe traffic congestion or lengthy transport queues after an event? I've yet to visit one and I can't see that the Etihad is any worse than say the Swamp or the Emirates for post-match delays. I think part of the problem is that Britain is a nation of compulsive moaners.

I am about of a skinflint and don't like to waste money by leaving early. I also like to applaud the team off. About 90% of the time I stay till the end but I do have a 250 mile drive after the match and series.with late finishes I like to get on my way, at busy times it can make nearly an hour's difference in what time I get back and can understand why people do leave a little early.
There is one woman on my row with a couple of kids who always leaves on about the 70 minute mark I find that just bizarre, still each to their own.

Is there any 50,000+ capacity stadium in this country that doesn't have severe traffic congestion or lengthy transport queues after an event? I've yet to visit one and I can't see that the Etihad is any worse than say the Swamp or the Emirates for post-match delays. I think part of the problem is that Britain is a nation of compulsive moaners.

Any major event involves travel problems.

And there are less percentage of people who leave concerts etc early, at night, than leave City's ground early, in the afternoon.

And they stay & applaud the artists off rather than half the seats emptying.

My simple solution to that is not to bother drinking at half time.

There is that. I just think it's utterly shit that a club like ours which has had so much investment over the past 10 years is totally incapable of knocking out half-time pints at anything approaching close to an acceptable rate. Even at Burnley last week, despite the concourse being fucking hammered and it being difficult to navigate your way through the crowds, it was still possible to get served at half-time within 5 minutes of joining the queue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.