City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Interesting thing when I got some tickets for the family for the Basel game was that the lad at supporter services was struggling getting 8 in a row for me but then went on to tell me that one of the club "partners" had just released some tickets back to the club. This had happened in a couple areas of the group, but would explain why tickets suddenly become available close the the match itself and why on some occasions seats go unused in big games. You'll always get seasoncard holders swerving games but perhaps the club needs to be a bit more robust with some of these "partners" who perhaps don't take up the tickets they've been given or sold?

I honestly can't understand the obsession some people have with "empty seats". To quote Shakespeare, it's "a thing devised by the enemy." Rags have always banged on about our crowds. Even when we had Colin Bell and Francis Lee and were stuffing them 4-0 every time we played them.

Look, City have never in their entire history had such large regular attendances as they do now. If you go back and check the stats., you'll find it was often 60,000 one week and 25,000 the next. And the big attendances were not always against the teams you might expect.

Stop worrying, build the new stand, and wait. The regular attendances will grow, as long as the team remains successful. Which it will.

A
I hope they organise the North Stand expansion soonest. All tickets are basically sold for every league match including against the so called lesser teams. And when you get around 50,000 for a dead rubber game on a Wednesday night against the likes of Basle then there should be no question about whether to organize an extension. Our fan base is growing all the time especially now that Pep is working his magic.

Hopefully a solution will then be found regarding the location of one big singing section, how best to sort out the family section and where to put away fans.

Re: location of away fans - GMP insist for safety,control, secure coach/vehicle parking and access from / egress to the main road,that away fans will always b located in the South Stand nearest to the East Stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.