City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Because Manu Garcia in the EFL Cup. Because Kolarov against Bournemouth away. Because Kevin De Bruyne against Sevilla. Because Iheanacho. Because Dickov. Because Aguero.

Because, whether the game is already lost or won, sometimes it's just too good to risk missing it.

Never understood why people go and leave early.
Maybe those with kids in the week.
But fans were leaving early Sunday, anything could have happened, why go to miss the conclusion.

I always stay till the end!

Facebook has just reminded me I was at the 1-0 win over Reading 4 years ago today, Barry scoring in the 92nd minute. Stay to the end!

Wembley 99.

Aguero 2012.

And mainly because I'm going to watch a game of football, not 8/9ths of a game of football. If I left ten minutes early every home game, I'm missing two games a season!

Yes it can be a ball ache getting away and home, especially midweek. But I accept that's part of committing to go to a game. Same as if I went to a show, theatre etc.

In my own feeble way I trying to show how much I love this club and my support for the players, even Navas who frustrates the fuck out of me.

Well why do you
Because as a kid my Dad used to make us leave on 85 minutes every game no matter what just out of pure habit (no real reason) and i hated it. I wanted to stay and watch the end of the game (Dads who make your kids do the same, think on...) so i now stay 'til the end no matter what to give my full support to the players.

Imagine if the players started walking off the pitch with five minutes to go like half the fans do just so they can beat the traffic, i bet you'd all have something to fucking say then! Well what's the difference between them and the fans doing it? This club is not just the players, they are just part of it, the fans are 50% of the club and should show a togetherness as one with the club and the players at the games.

Leaving early shows we are not together, we are fragmented between those who want to be fully part of the club and those who want to get home in time for Strictly Come Dancing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.