City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

People leaving early i really don't get, but empty seats.... do we really give a shit? Why the fuck should we? Surely what happens on the pitch is all that really matters.

My cousin is 72 and registered disabled. He has chronic pain and breathing difficulties. He has a walking aid. The effort he puts into getting to the matches is unbelievable. He regularly leaves at 70 minutes as the pain becomes too much. Instead of being applauded for his efforts for attending, at almost every game there is usually a sly comment or a shout made towards him when he leaves.
I agree with others on here - we are obsessed with this issue and its ridiculous!
Correct,why does anyone give a fuck.I'll tell you why,scared what some daft **** rag might say.

Match-going blues inconvenienced because of whining Man Utd fans? No thanks.
Not really inconvenienced are they?
They still get to go and can sit in similar seats in the ground.
If the away team took their full allocation, they wouldn't be able to sit in that seat anyway.

I sit in 102 and a couple of seasons ago there was always an empty seat next to me for every game. I wanted to bring my daughter to a match so phoned up and enquired about buying it for a match. I was told that it was actually taken by a season ticket and according to their records it had been used for every game. It turned out from asking around where I sat that the guy bought the season ticket but then went and stood behind the goal with his mates in the South stand. Looking at the areas behind the goal and in the corner where everyone is stood up they do look a lot fuller than everywhere else so could that explain a few of the empty seats elsewhere in the lower tier if people were doing that?
I know loads of lads who never sit in their own seat. The seasoncard is just a means to get through the gate.

If the away team took their full allocation, they wouldn't be able to sit in that seat anyway.

City sell those seats in the "away" end a lot cheaper though than other seats in the ground, presumably as it mirrors the season ticket prices in most of the rest of that stand which are the cheapest in the stadium. So for Stoke the other week and Hull in a couple of weeks where both teams didn't take up their 3rd tier allocation, the tickets were/are £20 each whereas all other areas of the ground they're £35/£36 each. As such, it's obvious those £20 tickets are going to get snapped up quickly. In any case, there's not much availability in other areas of the ground for Hull. Stoke was different of course - as it was rearranged at very short notice, loads appeared on the planner via the ticket exchange.

It makes sense to follow your suggestion when City aren't sure the game will sell out eg a midweek Cup game, but for a league game it's better to make all the seating available immediately.

Expensive isolated singles and doubles dotted round the ground don;t suit everyone, and most people want to sort their weekends out in advance now. Not wait on City to make seats available in the last few days

always been a problem at the new ground (can we still call it new)

Seem's to have increased now we have more fair weather fans following us.
It's not a problem, and how can that be right when we've established the majority of empty seats are s/c holders who may or may not for whatever reason be in the ground, 'fair weather fans' whatever that means if they have bought a ticket, will be in their seat probably early and probably until the end as well.

It's not a problem, and how can that be right when we've established the majority of empty seats are s/c holders who may or may not for whatever reason be in the ground, 'fair weather fans' whatever that means if they have bought a ticket, will be in their seat probably early and probably until the end as well.

was talking about the leaving early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.