City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

was talking about the leaving early.
Still, whenever I go, about six games a season in different seats each time It seems to be older season ticket holders leaving early, I know this because as they leave they have to stand, getting in the way saying goodbye to all there mates around them.

So the Liverpool game was sold out at Christmas, 3 months before the game. I see the Leicester game is now sold out, 2 months beforehand.
If there is emptys like at Liverpool then there is an issue with city either at the ticket office or they are retaining these tickets for freebies etc. It seems to be level 1 towards the family stand. The third tier both sides is always full right to the top

I think the Club have done plenty to help in the form of the Ticket Exchange, affordable season tickets and engaging with the Community to increase support e.g. Yesterday's Blue Run.

People choose if they wish to leave early. Demographics are playing their part with an ageing fan base. This meant we had to expand the family Stand and provide very prominent seats for youngsters. If families have to leave early then empty seats are easily picked up in the cameras because they are usually behind the goal we are attacking. Plenty of people leave early in other parts of the ground too but they are not picked up by TV so much.

I think we just have to accept the early leaving and the situation might improve in years to come when we have a more even age spread of supporters.

I understand that in Germany many of the fans are members of Supporters Clubs who often travel together to games. There is no point leaving early when the coach will be stuck on the car park until the last person returns to the bus.

I understand that in Germany many of the fans are members of Supporters Clubs who often travel together to games. There is no point leaving early when the coach will be stuck on the car park until the last person returns to the bus.
That's an idea close all the carparks, make it park and ride and don't let anyone on a bus until 10 minutes after the whistle. Joking. ( I think)

That's an idea close all the carparks, make it park and ride and don't let anyone on a bus until 10 minutes after the whistle. Joking. ( I think)

Good ideas. I have tried to convince the guy in charge of our Suppirters Club not to let the coach leave until 30 minutes after the final whistle so that we can have another pint.

I think the Club have done plenty to help in the form of the Ticket Exchange, affordable season tickets and engaging with the Community to increase support e.g. Yesterday's Blue Run.

People choose if they wish to leave early. Demographics are playing their part with an ageing fan base. This meant we had to expand the family Stand and provide very prominent seats for youngsters. If families have to leave early then empty seats are easily picked up in the cameras because they are usually behind the goal we are attacking. Plenty of people leave early in other parts of the ground too but they are not picked up by TV so much.

I think we just have to accept the early leaving and the situation might improve in years to come when we have a more even age spread of supporters.

But why would you want to leave early? many goals come on last 10 min and in time added on .

all those things you've mentioned are good, but the fact is most tickets aren't cheap and arent affordable. the demographics are getting older because the club have completely ignored/priced out 18-30 year olds from going to city games, as have most clubs. we did not have to have a family stand, we could have made tickets 90 quid around the whole ground. the family stand is to big and its half empty most weeks, especially midweek games. plenty of people do leave, but its familystand st holders who are leaving early/not showing up more then everyone else.

id move the family stand or make it smaller when we expand the north stand. put a proper home end in the north stand and get the 18-30 year old demographic back into the ground. just like they have done in germany. funny thing is i dont remember leaving early being a big problem a few years ago.

But why would you want to leave early? many goals come on last 10 min and in time added on .

I wouldn't know but everyone who leaves early will have their own reasons. We have been discussing this on BM for years and it clear that the answers aren't straightforward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.