City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

all those things you've mentioned are good, but the fact is most tickets aren't cheap and arent affordable. the demographics are getting older because the club have completely ignored/priced out 18-30 year olds from going to city games, as have most clubs. we did not have to have a family stand, we could have made tickets 90 quid around the whole ground. the family stand is to big and its half empty most weeks, especially midweek games. plenty of people do leave, but its familystand st holders who are leaving early/not showing up more then everyone else.

id move the family stand or make it smaller when we expand the north stand. put a proper home end in the north stand and get the 18-30 year old demographic back into the ground. just like they have done in germany. funny thing is i dont remember leaving early being a big problem a few years ago.

Thanks Cheadlehulme Blue. I think you are right that the Club should have prioritised the 18plus age group (maybe to 22 or 24 IMHO).

Yes there is a particular issue with the family Stand but the tickets are cheaper there so I don't think leaving early is related to price. There are quite a few early leavers in other parts of the ground too. It's down to choice.

I think fans expectations have risen with success and it takes an exceptional performance (like Barca at home) now for the vast majority to stay for the full game. I've just read Sean Goater's biography and he commented that our expectations rose as fans every time we progressed. Sean saw this as a good thing (but there wasn't the same number of early leavers then).

I wouldn't know but everyone who leaves early will have their own reasons. We have been discussing this on BM for years and it clear that the answers aren't straightforward.
I realise it aint straightforward and could understand a few leaving but not in the droves like thay do now .would they leave the pictures 10 min early ?

I realise it aint straightforward and could understand a few leaving but not in the droves like thay do now .would they leave the pictures 10 min early ?

I think if we start winning titles again more people will stay to the end. many people will have good reasons for going but others it could be just a habit. A season ticket holder next to
me in the North Stand at Maine Road had to leave in a fluster on 90 minutes because extra time was too stressful for the poor chap.

I will leave when ever i want , do not even ask about the Red Scouse match , rain pissing down my neck and into my shoes , whist the Show Sec Persons had Plastic ponchos on .

Well MCFC and Show Shite .

The old man 109 .

I will leave when ever i want , do not even ask about the Red Scouse match , rain pissing down my neck and into my shoes , whist the Show Sec Persons had Plastic ponchos on .

Well MCFC and Show Shite .

The old man 109 .

Did you not take a rain coat of your own or did you expect to be given one on arrival?

What kind of Manc leaves because its raining? ha! Its always raining!

Did you not take a rain coat of your own or did you expect to be given one on arrival?

What kind of Manc leaves because its raining? ha! Its always raining!

FYI I asked my cousin Derek over from Ireland who was born in Thornton road if you do not know Thornton Road it was the first road at the back of Maine Road .

Where i learnt to ride on the rear car park Derek,s BSA C15 @ 59 years .

Derek's mother was a war widow as Derek's dad was killed at Anzio in 1944 , Derek never met his dad ( uncle Bill ) and Derek mum auntie Marie used to "mind bikes" to make ends meet .

Derek is know approaching 77 years of age and had never watched a full match in that time , and yes he has never yet , and after a week last Sunday he never will .

Enjoy you smart remark .

FYI I asked my cousin Derek over from Ireland who was born in Thornton road if you do not know Thornton Road it was the first road at the back of Maine Road .

Where i learnt to ride on the rear car park Derek,s BSA C15 @ 59 years .

Derek's mother was a war widow as Derek's dad was killed at Anzio in 1944 , Derek never met his dad ( uncle Bill ) and Derek mum auntie Marie used to "mind bikes" to make ends meet .

Derek is know approaching 77 years of age and had never watched a full match in that time , and yes he has never yet , and after a week last Sunday he never will .

Enjoy you smart remark .

That was... ermmmm. I dunno...?! Quite an odd reply ha!

Last edited:
all those things you've mentioned are good, but the fact is most tickets aren't cheap and arent affordable. the demographics are getting older because the club have completely ignored/priced out 18-30 year olds from going to city games, as have most clubs. we did not have to have a family stand, we could have made tickets 90 quid around the whole ground. the family stand is to big and its half empty most weeks, especially midweek games. plenty of people do leave, but its familystand st holders who are leaving early/not showing up more then everyone else.

id move the family stand or make it smaller when we expand the north stand. put a proper home end in the north stand and get the 18-30 year old demographic back into the ground. just like they have done in germany. funny thing is i dont remember leaving early being a big problem a few years ago.

It's half empty mid week because maybe do you think the kids have school in the morning?. These selfish parents not prioritising city over their kids education. Shame on them.

I was at my boss's wedding Saturday night and a colleague's husband, a Liverpool fan ...erm not from Liverpool ...came up drunk and was trying to have a bit of banter.

He was calling me the Emptihad fan in front of a Burnley fan and a Preston fan.

I calmly pointed out City's average attendance these last two years beats every single one in Liverpools history, including this year which is there highest.

After lots of irate denial and calling me a liar I asked him if he wanted to put £300 on it. To the amusement of the other two blokes he declined.

Anyway I couldn't really give a shite. City's crowds are the best they've been consistently ever, a few knuckle head Rags and Bindippers highlighting empty seats aren't changing that.

I was at my boss's wedding Saturday night and a colleague's husband, a Liverpool fan ...erm not from Liverpool ...came up drunk and was trying to have a bit of banter.

He was calling me the Emptihad fan in front of a Burnley fan and a Preston fan.

I calmly pointed out City's average attendance these last two years beats every single one in Liverpools history, including this year which is there highest.

After lots of irate denial and calling me a liar I asked him if he wanted to put £300 on it. To the amusement of the other two blokes he declined.

Anyway I couldn't really give a shite. City's crowds are the best they've been consistently ever, a few knuckle head Rags and Bindippers highlighting empty seats aren't changing that.
Well done, but Was that a bullet dodged ? Guessing our average is about 54000, wouldn't they have had more than that in the old standing days ? Just a thought :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.