city fanzines....

Chips and Gravy fan.

Yep Mike, Pat and Jeff have retired to The Townley where before each City home game they drink the finest whiskys and eat quail eggs as bespoke the multi millionaires they became on the back of that high brow arts magazine.

law74 said:
manimanc said:
there was one called bert trautmans helmet and electric blue but the best ever is king of the kippax,bought my first issue in 89 and have been buying them ever since....great read,i recommend it to anyone and everyone,it kept me interested in city during the pearce years...:)

Pity I hadnt had one to read on Wednesday night (though not sure I could have read by that time).
There used to be a bloke selling KotK on at the back of the East Stand heading to B of the Bung, but I havent been out of the ground that way yet this season.
if the guy selling has a beard that is dave wallace the editor of kotk and i have lost count the number of daytrippers coming up and asking is that the match programme and the look of despair on the sellers face...:)

Used to like them all for different reasons, Blueprint being my favourite, that Bill Borrows guy from Didsbury ran it, went on to be a journo for Loaded etc. Still get KOTK though more out of habit these days. I know younger blues of my acquaintance consider it 'an old fogeys magazine'

I wont mention him in case he's a modest sort but one of the posters on BM launched Chips and Gravy.

Used to love King of the Kippax too. I used to get a little rush of excitement as a teen walking down towards the back of the Kippax and see someone selling a new copy.

Got my first couple of things published in there. One of them was a tribute to Paul Lake and was standing in an away end once and the guy next to me was reading the article. He nudged his mate and said 'Its alright this' and I was so tempted to say 'I wrote that!!' but would have sounded like a twat.

manimanc said:
there was one called bert trautmans helmet and electric blue but the best ever is king of the kippax,bought my first issue in 89 and have been buying them ever since....great read,i recommend it to anyone and everyone,it kept me interested in city during the pearce years...:)

Never even heard of them.

manimanc said:
law74 said:
Pity I hadnt had one to read on Wednesday night (though not sure I could have read by that time).
There used to be a bloke selling KotK on at the back of the East Stand heading to B of the Bung, but I havent been out of the ground that way yet this season.
if the guy selling has a beard that is dave wallace the editor of kotk and i have lost count the number of daytrippers coming up and asking is that the match programme and the look of despair on the sellers face...:)

Yeah, I know Dave having meet him on numerous occassions, indeed he was the lucky owner of one of our supporters club badges I gave to him outisde Vicarage Road a few years ago (I think it was the Foster OG game. Well It may not have been an OG but he certainly threw one in for us, pity he didnt do theat yesterday)

They sell KOTK inside the ground, at the programme stall by the Y entrance, in the family stand. Don't know if they all do it though.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm --<br /><br />They sell KOTK inside the ground, at the programme stall by the Y entrance, in the family stand. Don't know if they all do it though.

Lucky Toma said:
I wont mention him in case he's a modest sort but one of the posters on BM launched Chips and Gravy.

Used to love King of the Kippax too. I used to get a little rush of excitement as a teen walking down towards the back of the Kippax and see someone selling a new copy.

Got my first couple of things published in there. One of them was a tribute to Paul Lake and was standing in an away end once and the guy next to me was reading the article. He nudged his mate and said 'Its alright this' and I was so tempted to say 'I wrote that!!' but would have sounded like a twat.

twat. ;-)

BTH said:
manimanc said:

Never even heard of them.
going back to 88/89-89/90 season,both of them only lasted a few seasons if i remember rightly....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.